Shocking Ad on My Profile

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Fishmaster1203, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I was just looking at my profile page and noticed this shocking ad listed under my Profile Sponsor.

Is this a joke or what? I can't believe the BOC would allow such an ad to be listed as a profile sponsor.

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    These ads are served by Google, Paul does not personally hand select them. Actually posting about them will get that company more advertising and sales than just silently ignoring it.

3. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Thanks boss, I was shocked when I saw it and had to say something about it. I guess it was the photos of the dead trophy Flatheads on the site, taken by shocking them up, that got me upset. From now on I will ignore them.

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Just get with me by PM when you see something like that, preferably in private. All this achieves is getting them free advertisement, and for places that its legal, more sales.

Plus it prevents the evil secret plots that the BOC supports unethical practices, and if they didn't, they wouldn't have the ad schemes.

In reality, the BOC operates at a loss. The biggest revenue that keeps it afloat, is member donations, and my personal wallet. Many sponsors have product deals, where the loot go's back to the membership in the form of contest.