Shirt off my back

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Tyme2fish, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    On another fishing related site that I frequent, a member commented on the T-shirt I was wearing in my before shaving picture. I told him that if he liked it, I'd mail it to him.

He lives in Australia and is going to send me some home made lures in return for the shirt.

See, every good deed is returned and I have a new friend "down under.":big_smile:

2. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    That is great! I guide (help monitor chat and nic names and such) on a card site, and I bet I have 300 folks on my im, many from foreign countries. One of the girls I met has a son that needs Visine or Clear Eyes and they can't get it there but you can send it...I know crazy huh...she asked me if I would do it If she paid for it. After I checked it out and knew I wasn't gonna get in trouble, I sent that and some more "little surprises" for her, as it was halloween at the time. And I wouldn't take her money either.

We have become fast friends and she has sent me all kinds of things from Holland. We do this about 3 / 4 times a year. I have learned so much of their culture. She has sent me books on the art, architecture, the holiday lore, you name it! This has gone on for the past 3 years.

congrads to you for making that new friend and I hope you are friends for many years to come like me and my Dutch friend.