Shipping out

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by big-muddy, Jul 31, 2008.

1. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    Well, brothers and sisters, the time has arrived. Monday i go to the processing station and then go to USN boot camp on the 7th. i wont be able to get on here for a few months, so i just wanted to say to you all, good luck and prayers in whatever you do, and good fishing to all. i will try to get access to a computer when i get into A-school in a few months. i will be in pensacola, fla at that time. thank you all for making this the amazing place that it is. :big_smile:

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    God bless and keep you Shane. Good luck and stay safe.

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Good luck Shane! I did a bit over 10 years in the Navy myself before I took a buyout. I went to boot in San Diego. It's not that bad, least nowadays, they have become more 'friendly' to the recruits for fear of offending someone. You'll do fine. Time flies, been out 15 years already.

I enjoyed it for the most part and traveled most of the way around the world, spent my last three years with the Blue Angels doing airshows.

What "A" school you going to?

Smooth Seas and Fair Winds to ya!:wink:

4. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    Thank you for serving our country. God bless and keep you Shane. Our prayers will be with you always. Good luck and stay safe.:big_smile::roll_eyes:

5. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Thanks for your service. Be careful and holler at us when you can. Just think all them cats will just be that much bigger when you get back.

6. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    Darryl, my a-school is in Pensacola, Fla

7. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Thanks buddy. Enjoy your time and the folks you meet and your travels. Make those memories gooduns :)

Was TDY in Pensacola during Opal. They sure do have some skinny roads down there. Let's see... there was a bar downtown where someone pretty much bought an entire block and connected all the buildings. Like 8 bars in one building. You'd walk from a country dancing room right into an old 80s music bar, next door would be a fellow on stage playing some Jimmy Buffet. Can't remember the name of that place... hrmm. Was pretty interesting back then.

8. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I was in P-cola in '67...Trader Vic's was the place back then.

Those were good times for me...enjoy yourself!

9. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    your thinking of seville quarter. sp? its downtown p-cola.

just remember dude, you could be the best of the best.... but, you joined the navy instead of the marine's. lol. jk. good luck to ya bro.

drop me a line via boc when ya get to A-school. i live about 45 min. from p-cola pythonjohn lives in p-cola. i would be glad to take you out fishing while your down there. i'll even keep my marine buddies off ya.:wink:

10. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    haha, sounds like fun, lets do it!

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Shane, thank you my friend for this service to our country. I've enjoyed the time we've known each other here, and i'll look forward to seeing you again. If you'll pm me or cher your addy, i bet she'll send ya some cookies or sumpthin. God bless and take care buddie.

12. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    SHANE good luck and return to us safe we will miss ya BROTHER

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on your new life! You will never regret the decision you have made and will always remember the next few months! Good luck to you, God Bless you and Thank you for serving this great Nation.

RLTW

14. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Good luck bro and remember liquid soap :smile2: you cant drop it:smile2:

15. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Thank you Shane! Not only for helping to make the BOC the great place it is but mostly for serving this great country we live in!

You will continually be in out thoughts and prayers.

Make the best of your enlistment time and be the best you can be, do all you can, see all you can see, and meet/talk with everyone you can.

Check in whenever you can.

God Bless!

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Shane thanks for serving our great country. Wish you the best.

I've been to the Pensacola National Naval Aviation Museum. Sure was interesting!

17. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

I see that Shane. LOL! Whats your rate gonna be, you know...... your specialty. I was an AT (Aviation Electronics Technician)

18. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    ahh, i see, AM (aviation structural mechanic)

19. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Hi Folks,Shane your good man my God keep and protect you, and bless your family!

20. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Ahhhh, that should (or used to be) broken down further into AMS (Structural) or AMH (Hydraulic). Maybe that comes later after school?

Oh, I forgot, also AME, forgot what the E was but they did ejection seats and parachutes etc.....

Anyway, a fine trade.