shipjack run sat.

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by russ, Jan 1, 2010.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i going to brave the cold and make a run to cc after some skips in the morn.

2. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    There's going to be 5 of us at ky dam in the morn keep us posted

3. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    It's gonna be a cold one...gudluk:cool2:

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Story has it the boys whacked alot of bait today. Let's hear it fellers!

5. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    just got back from cumberland city, holy deep freeze batman. it was just a little cool when we got there this morn. 15 with north wind and some snow. fishing was tuff all day but we kept with it untill 4pm. jer and i caught about 100 all big ones 2lb average. rat and the other guys had about the same, so it was cold the bite was slow but we did get about 200. this was the first trip of many before we go to wheeler, it will be here faster than you think so we need to make plans for two more trips to ensure that we have plenty of bait.

6. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    what did they seem to be hitting the best?

7. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Russ u got that right!!!!
    COLD COLD COLD!!!!
    I tried to send some reps your way But gota wait,thanks a bunch for letting me tag along with you. This Guy is "A FISHING MACHINE"!!!!
    If anyone has the chance to Hang with Russ, all day Fishing, you better jump at the chance. At one point early in the am. (Half frozen)I told Him that i was glad I brought 2 coolers, cause now I got a fish to put in each one of them.

Thank Again
    Jerry

8. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    The jig of choice was Sabiki or white curly tail grub

9. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    thanks jerry, i think we did ok. skip fishing is so much fun. they dont have the power of a big ole blue but pound for pound those little fish put up a good fight for their size.cant remember but i think jerry said that this was his first skip run, he did fine and caught alot of fish. we did run into some guys from the boc down there, always good to meet some of the guys to see on the board. i cant stress enuff about needing to make some more trips down to get some more skips for the trip, i dont cost that much if e1 goes together and helps with gas, maybe 20- 25 bucks each, which is not much for a fishing trip. even if your not going on the trip to wheeler and just want to get out for a day and do a little fishing. we should be able to get enuff to do the trip and bring some home for our own use.

10. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    hey guys im down..

Ive got the blazer and a deep freezer that runs off my power inverter .

It can run 24/7 its a normal home deep freezer . When my battery drops below a cretin point the blazer will start up on its own to keep the battery charged and to keep the skips froze.

Whens the next trip .. Ill have an extra spot .:wink:

11. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Rob as cold as it was yeserday most of our skips was froze solid when we got home... all but the ones in the cooler.. those were cold but not frozen.. Im down for another trip maybe in a week or so..

12. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I bet you were frooze too:smile2:

13. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    im just glad to see someone is catching the dang things, we haven't gotten a single good day skip fishing all year. hopefully this spring they will get a good spawn on and we can stock up. skip fishing is fun, but only when they are hitting...haha

14. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I'm thinking about making a run down there on Sat, the 16th. I think I'll probably leave at the crack of dawn and stay the night in Erin. Then pack up in the am and drive home.:wink:

15. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I am headed down tomorrow morning and am going to spend a day or 2 so i should be able to load up if they are hitting at all.

16. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    They were pretty deep for us, so take a small wieght and attach it so you can reel it in and work it fast, bounce it on the bottom,also dont let the little skips get air born, you'll lose um everytime

17. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    lets start another trip. i can drive or ride don't make
    any difference. dates 10-11 or 15-16-17.
    to bad nobody has a bus:embarassed:
    like Russ said the move that goes less its cost

18. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    The 16th might be good for me as well... Dont know about staying the night, but we can leave in the am and make a day outta it... Hopefully its WARMER!!!

19. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Also you might wanna bring some kind of propane heater if you have one.. I gotta head unit if someone has a tank.. Or like Kirk said we should bring a grill and cook up some dogs and keep warm at the same time.. Real talk guys, it was cold as sheet out there in the am.. I was the first one outta the truck and 15 min later right back in there with the heater blowin:eek:oooh::wink:...lol i couldnt feel my fingertips:embarassed:...lmao

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Sounds like a great trip, albeit somewhat cold. Wish I could have joined you all but Ma Blue has wore me to out to the core. I've been in my bed at home 5 nights since Dec 13th. : ( holidays are over now though so I should have some time again. I'll be heading down for some skips on the next 2 weeks. I'll post up when I go. Anyone is welcome to join me. I can bring 3 folks an all the coolers you care to bring. I like to go down for two days though and really stock up on em if they are biting.