Shining Shoes

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishkatmando, Aug 9, 2006.

1. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I am sitting here shining my boots and my Daughter (who I live with) says oh your shining your boots, it brought back memories of when she was little and she would watch me shine my army boots. Now its has been 19 years since I have had to shine army boots but I like smooth leather boots and shoes and was wondering how many people stil wear shoes that take a shine and how they go about it.

2. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Still shine my shoes. Use Kiwi (?) and apply it with a old sock. Also shine it with an old sock. Use to spit shine them but I'm gettin lazy. Don't think most yonger ones know how to shine their shoes.

3. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    I get mine shined usually at the airport when I'm traveling.... If I never have to shine a pair of boondockers again it will be toooo soon.....
    Polish, brush.... Polish, spit.... Polish... Polish... Polish... Polish

4. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I shined mine for years till this last pair. Well, while I am thinking about it, I am just going to sign off and go shine mine.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have plenty of shoes and boots that take a shine. for work and play. I use KIWI for dress shoes and tuff scuff for boots. And I remember "spitshining" my pap-paws boots when I was younger, though he always redid them when I was done.

6. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    ............i actually set the can of kiwi on fire ........blow it out then apply the kiwi witch is actually a liquid after caught on fire........let it dry on the shoes for about an hour or more.....then spit on them really good and start shining with a soft cloth

7. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    Have a beautiful pair of Tony Lamas Boots that I need to have water proofed & shined.... hint.... hint...
    Lisa:roll_eyes:

8. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Still have a pair of old wing tips I bought when I was in the Navy back in 63. Still look like new except they could use some new heels on them. Even wear them on occassion now and then. Real comfortable pair of shoes. They get kinda dusty from sitting but a little brushing takes care of that.

9. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    That's what I am talking about sounds like some people stil know how to shine them shoes, Shelby I would get my shoes shined when I was in uniform every time I flew thru Atlanta, and my spit shine was like a pool of water on a bright day, That kiwi sure helped preserve the bots. I had two pairs of Daners I wore while working in the prision that lasted over 17 years with a couple of resoles.

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I use Kiwi also, put some water in the top of the can and put a good coating on then rub in with the water. I get them pretty close to mirrors using an old T-shirt.

11. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    I am suppose to shine my books for work, I don't shine them as much as I should but do shine them. I also use kiwi and a sock to apply like I heard others do. Speaking of which y'all reminded me my boots need a shinin real bad.