Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Shiners or shad???

827 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Catfish_Scooter 
#1 ·
Ok this is my 1st post hope its in the right spot LOL

I am going to go to a stocked pond and fish for cats and was wondering what the diffrence if any is between Shiners and Shad? They sell shiners and was wondering. Also what are the best rigs to use for them and where is the best place to hook them so they stay alive.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Wanted to say I have gotten alot of help from this forum.

#3 ·
Stocked pond? I would use what bait that is there thats what the fish are use to eating. So Shiners I guess

WELCOME TO THE BOC!!!

Its a pay to fish pond and they stock catfish and few others they have a rule of 30'' or bigger you have to realse them so there should be some big ones in there.

What for rig would be best for fishin with live bait never really done it before.

#5 ·
Ok this is my 1st post hope its in the right spot LOL

I am going to go to a stocked pond and fish for cats and was wondering what the diffrence if any is between Shiners and Shad? They sell shiners and was wondering. Also what are the best rigs to use for them and where is the best place to hook them so they stay alive.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Wanted to say I have gotten alot of help from this forum.
Yep try the shiners! Welcome to BOC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.