Shiner hooks

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by CatfishHateMe, Jan 28, 2007.

1. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    i was at gander mountain (i think im there more than i am at home:big_smile:) and i saw 6/0 shiner hooks by gama, they look like the pics of kahles ive seen but i have never seen a kahle in person:tounge_out: anyone kno if they are the same thing?

*EDIT* does anyone use 5/0 octopus hooks by gama? i saw those and its gettin to be that time of year where i need to make sinkers and snell hooks and such and i like the look of them, anyone kno any pros or cons for these hooks?

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Yes I believe they are the same. I have some 9/0 oct gammas and those are good hooks. the kahles dont work for me the oct circles are my fav.

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    octopus gamma's are great hooks, Caught and landed a 35 lb blue on a 3/0 below a dam on the TN river. I use them use them from 1/0 up to 10/0.
    Shiner hooks are very similar to kahles, if not the same, maybe made from a finer wire.

4. fisherman94580

fisherman94580 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yes they are both the same. I have some 5/0 shiner hooks by gamma, and some 5/0 kahles by eagle claw and they're almost identical, cept the gammas are stronger and sharper!​

5. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    well, thats a pretty sweet deal since i kno where to buy kahales around here now, until now i would have had to order them off catfish connection. thanks guys.