Shimano

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Arkansascatman777, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Has anyone had any experience good or bad with a Shimano CT400BSV. The gear ratio is 5.0:1 and line capacity is 260/14.

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    not me, Johnny, i am not a baitcaster guy.

but i love shimano reels.....i now have 4 of them:big_smile:

i will post later about my latest acquisition:wink:

3. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    No Sir, not me either, but I have a Tekota 500.....................smooth!!!!Not Cheap either!:crazy:

4. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR

Yeah i know what you mean. This reel is $219:eek:oooh:. I can buy 2 6500's for less and just don't know if it is worth the :crazy: price. I'm sure it's an excellent reel but just how much better it is compared to an abu 6500 is what i'd like to know.

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
  6. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Johnny I have the tekota 600!! Super smooth!!! Like Phil said bit pricey, but well worth the money, in my opinion:cool2:

7. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I will chime in with Shane on this one. The Shimano Tekota in my opinion is the smoothest lightest reel in it's class hands down. It is worth every penny. The CT400 BSV should be a great reel as well. Time will tell if these Shimanos will hold up like the Abus but at nearly half the weight of the Abu 7000iC3 I will take my chances.

Cheez

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I have 2 Shimano 6500 baitrunners. I have used them for the last 10 years, taken them completely apart at least once each year and they might be a little complicted but they perform flawlessly every year. I have a couple shimano reels for bait and bass fishing that I've had for close to 20 years and they still work like the day I bought them. What I'm saying is shimano makes a quality product. From their wal-mart reels to their high priced salt water reels. You won't be dissappointed.

9. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR

Thanks for the help guy's. The two reels shown are trolling reels and i'm wanting a casting reel for tournament fishing. I think i have completely lost my mind lol. I ended up today buying 2 of the Shimano CT400BSV's. for $219.99 per reel:crazy: before tax from Academy sporting goods. Spooled them with 30 lb. ande backing then 150 yards of 65 lb. power pro. I think i will really like these reels just need 3 more of them if anyone runs across a deal on them. Phil,i'll have them at the tournament if you want to see them. Thanks again to all for the replies.

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Are those the Calcutta reels? If so I have one and love it, almost hate to use its so pretty. Seems to be better made than my abu's.

11. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR

Yeah its the Shimano Calcutta 400B. It's supposed to be better than the abus or for the price they better be lol. I'll give them a good test between now and the first of the year but i think i'm really going to like them. Thanks for the feed back about them.

12. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Get out the Chrome polish johnny and a fine towel:eek:oooh: I will watch ya polish them babies' while were fishing!:smile2::tounge_out: What the he_ _. You only live once. Enjoy my friend.:big_smile:

13. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
  14. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    you bet i want to check them out......let me cast them about 2 minutes before the tourney starts buddy!:wink::smile2:

15. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    All my bass reels are shimano , I wont fish anything else. In fact the next cat reel I buy will be a shimano cardiff 400 with baitclicker.:wink: