Shimano TR reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by gadzooks, Jan 19, 2007.

1. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Anyone use one of these reels? Good price and, from what I've seen, they cast well, have good line capacity...the 200 series holds 300 yd of 20 lb test.

2. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    an old timer (75) i fish with sometimes uses them and he swears by them he has his on 14' rods and can cast them things about 125-150 yards

3. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    A tackle salesman I trust sold one to a guy to use on his 12 ft surf rod recently for fishing below a dam. He said it casts better than the equivalent Penn's. I played with it and it felt good, especially with a price tag of under $70.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have never heard of Shimano TR reels, are a baitcaster? I think I will look em.

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I don;t have a Shimano TR reel.I do have a Shimano Charter Special 2000 LD.It has a lever drag,level wind and holds 300 yards of 20 lb.mono.It seems to be a ideal large Catfish and saltwater reel.The lever drag lets you use it like the "Bait feeder"on spinning reels.I cain;t cast anymore because of my hands,but others tell me it "cast good."I love you brothers and sisters.peewee

6. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    apparently, Shimano = quality. nice to know that your money gets what you pay for!!!