Shimano Thunnus 16000F?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by KansasKatCatcher, Jun 22, 2008.

1. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    Hello everyone. I just bought this used Shimano Thunnus 16000F from Cabelas. I cant find any information about this reel. I paid $88 bucks. Was that a fair price? Is it a good enough reel to handle trophy size Flatheads? Thanks for any helpful information.

2. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    That is a great price for it they run about $250. That reel is a fairly big real though. Good luck with it let us know how you make it out.

3. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    hell yes thats a good price! i wish i would find that reel that cheap i'd buy everyone i could afford! i'd even walk to work just to get a couple. now the thunnus 16000f is the king of the american baitrunners built like a tank holds a boatload of braid, instant anti reverse, and rated for offshore fishing. 88 bucks...you lucky bastid

4. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    LOL at Mark.

Down, boy, don't drool on the guests.:smile2:

5. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I think Mr. Edwards got a bit excited....:smile2: ... But that was a great deal...

6. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    I WISH I could find one for that PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the reel as it will work for you for many years to COME!!!!!!!

HOPPY4

7. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    Okay i got a good deal. But will it hold up to Trophy size Flatheads? Whats the limit on this reel? When date did this reel come out?

8. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    In one word, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOPPY4