Shimano Tekota

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Cheez, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Does anyone have any experience with Shimano Tekota reels? I am in the market for a new reel maybe the 500 or 600 size with the linecounter. I know they are expensive compared to the Abus and Penns but I want to try something good with a linecounter.
    Any review or opinion will be appreciated.

Cheez

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I have one oif those reels. It's not a line counter. But it's pretty nice. Real smooth drag and very good casting ablitiey. Well worth the money.

3. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    Go to tackletour.com and scroll the reel reviews they will give you the reel deal on the tekota . great reviews .

4. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Just thought I'd let ya'll know about the Tekota. I landed a 39 pound blue today (new pb) with the reel on a medium Tiger rod. Less than 2 minutes from 48 feet deep and the reel was absolutely flawless. By far the smootest drag on any reel I own or have ever used. Highly recommend this reel.

Cheez

5. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Heck, I just saw this or I woulda give ya a heads up on what little experience I've had with them. I used them on 2 different guide boats in Alaska during June. I came home seriously considering buying a few of them. The drags on them were extremely smooth, & I don't remember much else..... I guess the drags were enough for me. Seemed like a darn fine reel, and it holds about 15 miles of line as well.

And congrats on the personal best. That's a big ol' fish!!!!

6. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I've got a Tekota 800 with 520 yards of 80# power pro on board. No line counter on this model, but it does have the lazy man line guide:wink:. Works smooth got a pretty good clicker, but a hard tide with 200 yards out will click it every once and a while. Its only got a max of 25# drag though. I was a little unhappy with that, but over all I love it.