Shimano Tekota Bait Casters

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Willy, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Willy

Willy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Been looking at these reels and I think I have found the one I have been looking for.If ya want a reel with good craftsmanship this one looks to be a winner. Kinda high priced but solid in every way. I am looking at the Model 500 and the model 700 for cattin.Anyone ever had any experience with them?

2. rambilt

rambilt New Member

State:
    Texas
    I did consider the Tekota 700 but like you said kind of pricey. But it surely does looks good. Shimano's known for a quality product. You won't be disappointed. Good luck!

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Billy I can't help you on that model but I can tell you Shimano is a good reliable company and they have made some excellent freshwater equipment.Stick around there will be someone on here that will answer you on that reel model.:lol:

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yeah I bought the 600 last year and just this past week I got a 500 with a line counter. Guess you can figure out how I'm going to learn to fish this year. :wink: I tell ya I give a slit edge to the tekota over the cabo by quantum. Both are real nice reel's I just love the super smooth drag. There not all jerky like an Abu. Although I don't have a new 2007 abu to compare it to. I like them and will probably buy just them from here on out.

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Does the 600 have the line counter or just the 500?

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Did some more research on the reels and have found the 300s, 500's and 600's can be purchased with or with out LC (line counters). Didn't see a 400 listed?
    Plan to look into the 600LC some more. Very nice reels...

7. greenwood

greenwood New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Have used Abu's and Amabssador's and I can testify that my Shimano Calcuta 400D beat them both combined. No (or a least minimal if I cast right) backlashes! Smoother action. Yes they are pricey but In the long run far cheaper than throwing a reel away becuse you are so !@#$% angry of an inability to adjust properly. In the past I've spent more $ buying cheaper than buying quality in the first place. Calcuttas on Northern, Muskies and 40#+ Blue Catfish (Tim Hagan is the best catfish guide in Maryland!!) (Blue Catfish were only introduced into the Potomac river 10 years ago and the Maryland state record is already 65#)

Good fishing whenever and where ever you go!!!

greenwood

8. robbor

robbor New Member

State:
    Ca
    Anybody shopped around and found any gogod prices, Im also in the market for a 700 or 800. Thanks rob