Shimano Stella 4000

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Phil Washburn, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    anyone use this higher end reel? i have a symetre on an ugly stik and i love it. i bought a stradic that i will mount on a blackandblue custom rod when randy finishes it for me.

i have a chance to buy a stella that is new in box for half price, but i am having a little trouble justifying it, even at that discount, altho i am thinking it would be an excellent reel for my 11 foot surf rod.

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Phil, i have never used one but i have been looking at a shimano CT400BSV. Do you know anything about that reel? I've heard the shimano's are excellent reels just have trouble paying that much money for one reel.

3. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I've got several Shimanos, most of which I've had for 10 years+, and they're excellent.

Still, once you've passed $100, I start wondering what a $400 reel will do that an $80 reel won't.

4. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on a reel. Even at half price which is good deal but still that is about $275 or so. I am still trying to bring myself to spend the $100 on the Shimano Baitunner myself. I still have my original $30.00 Shimano reel from ten plus years back that still works fine. You could buy two more stradic for that price. Maybe its that you don't want to pass the deal up seen that you are getting at half price more than the reel itself....Lol....:wink:

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Where in the world do you do your surf fishing at in OK?It looks like a long ride to the surf from Shawnee OK.I like the idea of a landlocked OK.fisherman getting up a Surf fishing outfit.You got style!Keep up the good work!I love you Brothers and Sisters,peewee:::ps,don't let up on the meds or that beach front property in Shawnee just might disappear

6. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Shimano makes a good reel. I have two symetres and love them. But i always wondered about the stella. If you get a good deal on it and it won't take you broke go for it.

7. catBob

catBob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    if your seroius about fishing buy good stuff it will out last the cheap stuff! and plus take care of it!!!!!! as keeping it clean and lubed for example
    ive seen people come in to the hunting store i work at some time and buy $1200-1500dollar rifle and put a $100 scope on ti and shoot the cheapest amo:eek:oooh: so in the long run you get what u pay for!! its that simple