Shimano Rod Wraps-Excellent accessory for keeping your fishing rods organized!

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by Katmaster Jr., Feb 15, 2006.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    This is truly one of my favorite fishing accessories! They are called "Shimano Rod Wraps" and they are a big help for keeping your poles organized. It can be used with 2-10 rods. My dad and I both have ALOT of poles and before we got these it was just a huge hassle to tote them along with us. The lines were always getting tangled up, and it was almost impossible to take that many rods to one of our spots where we have to walk along way. But with these, it's not really a big deal anymore. You can usually find them in Wal-Mart, but Bass Pro Shop also makes rod wraps that work just as good as the Shimano's. They usually only cost about $5 and you get two in a pack.

Whether you carry 2 poles, or whether you carry 10, this can really help.

I have attached a photo below of the pole wraps. Those are about 10 poles wrapped up, and you can probaly tell how organized those wraps keep them. The first picture is of the bottom of the poles, second pic is of top of poles, and third is obviously a view of all of the poles.

Zakk:)

Attached Files:

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Here's a picture of the pole wraps by thereself:

Attached Files:

3. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Another good thing about the rod wraps, is if you have spare spools. They'll keep the line from unraveling.

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yep that's right those things are really awesome!

Is there anyone else on here that uses them?

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Seeing as how none of the pictures came through, I am having to use my imagination to try and figure out what we are talking about... If it is something to keep your poles together while moving to and from a fishing area, may I make this suggestion. Go to the Wal-mart sewing section and buy strips of velcro. They work real, real well.
    Secondly, if your wanting to keep your two or three piece poles together and not have them waving in the breeze, raid your wife/daughters hair supplies... normally they have some hair berets (little balls fastened on a rubber band). They hold the poles very well... I use 3 of them for each pole, then use the velcro to hold my poles and landing net in one manageable bundle. Tight Lines, you all.