Shimano Reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by FourEyes45, Mar 18, 2007.

1. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Has any one tried the Shimano Tekota reels (model TEK500)?

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    SORRY CAN'T HELP YOU THERE BROTHER

3. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    i have a sedona. it's the best spinning reel i have ever owned. I did some research a while back and some posting on fishin websites other than this one(it was 2 years ago and i hadn't found this place yet!) and everyone highly recommended shimano gear. The only bad thing i've ever heard about shimano was once when i was watching the "Mad Shark" show...the name is something like that....on ESPN2 and a team lost a 1000+ lb fish using a high-end shimano baitcaster....the team captain cursed the reel for losing the fish...LOL

cyas
    robert

4. Willy

Willy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There are several on here that have or are in the process of getting a Tekota in that size. I have one on order and for the money I cannot find a better reel for what I am gonna use it for. Mine has a line couner on it and will work good for the method I am gonna use it for. The reels are well made and the drags are as good as it gets.I have a friend that has went to all Tekota's up to the 700 size and for him to spend the money that they cost and the number he has bought speaks alot for the reels. I will post a review after I get mine and spend some time using it and how it makes the grade so to speak.

5. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks Gang for the reply.

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yeah, I own couple of tekota's?