Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Shimano Corsair

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Willowcat 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here knows the difference between the gold color and silver color(housings) of the Shimano Corsair 400`s?I have 2 400 models but they are silver.I was looking into getting another one but the ones i`ve seen have gold colored housings...Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks

#2 ·
Hi Kenny, I Can't tell You for shure unless it was the model year.I Bought 2, three years ago at wal-mart they were reduced down to 30.00 each and they are Gold color.I don't know if it was good price or not,I'm sorta Complusive some times as I have more rods and reels than one Man could ever use in a lifetime.Have a Good Day. J.D.:go:

#4 ·
Hi Kenny, I Can't tell You for shure unless it was the model year.I Bought 2, three years ago at wal-mart they were reduced down to 30.00 each and they are Gold color.I don't know if it was good price or not,I'm sorta Complusive some times as I have more rods and reels than one Man could ever use in a lifetime.Have a Good Day. J.D.:go:
JD I'm open for Donations, Send me 6 complete outfits. I'll test them out and send you a full report. Thanks:haha: :big_smile_2: :0a31:

#5 ·
I contacted Shimano and they gave me the answer.The silver one had issues with the anti-reverse bearing.So they worked out the bugs and came out with the gold colored ones.Back then,they were doing exchanges by the owner sending out their silver one and getting the gold ones via mail.Heres were the good part comes.They told me to send mine out to them,and since the Corsair is discontinued,they will replace it with a brand new Corvalus 400.Money wise..i would be ahead by trading my old ones that i spent $100 altogether(2) for and getting the Corvalus(2) that cost $80 a piece.But my Corsairs have never given me any problems and they are the best baitcaster i`ve ever owned.I had the Abu 5000c and 6500c4 and they performed way better than those 2 reels.So i still have to decide if i want to take a gamble with the new Corvalus and hoping i dont hate them...

#7 ·
Do you know which model reels they were?I love the 400 because of how loud the clicker is compared to other baitcasters...Regardless of which one you got,thats an awesome deal!!!

#8 ·
I bragged and bragged about how good the reel was. How smooth it cast and reeled. Then it wouldn't reel in anymore. The guy at the local reel repair shop told me to send it to Shimano and they'd send me a new one.

so I did and they sent me a new Corvalus 400.

I won one on eBay the other day and when it came in the mail it was a friggin silver one. So I'm gonna contact Shimano and see if I can exchange it for a Corvalus even though this one still runs smooth...jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.