Shimano citica

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by thecatman, Jan 31, 2006.

1. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    does anyone have any experiences with these reels

2. jaroddog

jaroddog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    These are bass baitcasting reel. Discussing them on this forum might get you in trouble. :) They are good reels, though. I personally am hooked on my Daiwa Capricorn (suped up Procaster) baitcasting reel for bass though.

3. nhra22

nhra22 New Member

They are very good reels. I bought one a year ago and use in in fresh/salt with no problems. To me it feels a little beefier than a Curado and the drag is stronger. I have a Shimano Coriolis that has been in service 5 months now and is also a damn nice reel.. plus I like it's looks..

4. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    Shimano's are great reels. But you might want to go up in size for big cats. It would be good for eater size channels, etc.

Frank

5. thecatman

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    the reason why i was asking is beacuse i managed to buy one at walmart for 17.80 after tax

6. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    Heck of a deal of a good brand reel!:) I used bass casting reels fishing for cats for a lot of years.
    Frank

7. nhra22

nhra22 New Member

If you are going to go with a good quality bass reel for cat's, go for it. A lot of people will tell you they are too light, but they aren't. My saltwater wade rig is a Shimano MG50 spooled with 20lb PowerPro on a MEDIUM-LIGHT Laguna rod. This reel has caught MANY redfish to 40lbs or so, a handful of sharks, and a black drum that weighed almost 55lbs. In fact, the MG50, as small as it is, has a more powerful and WAY smoother drag than a 6500-class reel. If I can catch big fish with a tiny reel made of magnesium, with a ML action rod, then anyone - with experience, can.

8. jaroddog

jaroddog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    How did you get a Citica for that price? The new models (2006) cost $120, but last years model cost probably $80 at the lowest. That's amazing.

9. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    Sounds like someones beewn switchin the price tags around on items.LOLOLOLOLO(LOL

Thats a heck of a bargain!

10. thecatman

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    i did a little research and found out that the reel would cost a retail store 83.70 in 2003