Shimano Baitrunners?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by CJ21, Apr 22, 2007.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I been looking at getting me a Shimano BTR4500B Baitrunner Spinning Reel, to go on my 8' Berkely Big Game MH Spinning Rod rated 10-25lb test line 1-4oz lure, do u guys think the Shimano is a good reel? going to use it for casting bait to stripers and cats.

2. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    CJ, they are the Baseline for the U.S. market and they are Great! I have owned Shimano and will continue to do so as I trust the firm and its benchmark equipment. Just know that you now have other choices that are cheeper to purchase, but also Good quality equipment. I am using what works for me and know them to be GOOD!

HOPPY4

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
  4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    CJ, I have 2 of the 6500's and they are great. I just got to see a 4500 last week and its just a sturdy. I think I shoulda got them instead. I have caught and seen caught 35+ lb flats on my 6500's and they weren't even taxed that hard. Very well made reels.

5. Catfish_John1979

Catfish_John1979 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio, U
    The Shimanos are great reels... but you might wanna look at the Okuma epixor reels are just as good quality and sometimes cheaper... just my 2 cents..

6. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I have 6 shimano baitrunners and thats all I use or will ever use.

7. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    It is a great reel for what you want. You may want to check out the 3500B, which balances out nicely on that 8 foot rod.

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    People been telling me the 3500 might be better for that 8 foot rod.

9. JamisonM

JamisonM New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I"ve got a 3500 and a 6500. The 3500 is a small reel compared to the 6500 and quite nearly half the size. If you're going to do alot of sit and wait fishing the 4500 and 6500 will serve you well otherwise I'd go with the 3500. I think its also worth mentioning that the 4500 and 6500 are only $10 and $20 more than the 3500 last time I checked. It's hard to say which reel I'd end up getting, but it'd probably be the 4500. It's not too small or too big and only 10 bucks more. T

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Ya think u is right. I am going to get the 4500; do u guys have any pics of the 4500?

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I thought you was going strictly to baitcasters CJ??? :roll_eyes: :confused2: :big_smile:

That reel seems like a good one but I love my baitcasters!

12. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I do use baitcasters mostly but I got to have that spinning reel, since I already got a rod for it. I am getting a Abu 6500C3 to lol

13. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    once you go baitrunner you never go back LOL

14. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    In my personal opinion...I think that Shimano is the absolute best reels that Money can buy! Good choice myfriend!

15. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I bought the 6500 with an Ugly Stik lite 8'6" heavy action rod rated at 12-30 lbs....Have'nt had the chance to use it yet, but it feels a little awkward on the Ugly Stick....So, I put it on my 11' Cabela's Predator rod....Feels a lot better.....DemoMan

16. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    here's a picture of a 4500b and just in case you wanted to see here's a picture of a thunnus 12000f. hope these help.

Attached Files:

17. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Mark is that 4500 heavy to hold?

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have a 4500, not its not heavy at all. mine is on an 11ft. surf rod. spooled with 40lb. big game. you can't ask for a better set up when bankfishing. you will like em trust me:smile2:

19. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am a little on edge about getting a big spinning reel that holds 20lb. The list one I had was very heavy to hold.

20. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey CJ,

You don't have to worry, the Shimano Baitrunner is a "Good Reel" that is "Light". :wink:

"You will love it - Belive Me"!
    :confident:

Take it easy'
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil