Shimano Baitrunner?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by firewall, Jun 5, 2008.

1. firewall

firewall New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Does any other reels have the baitrunner option on them besides shimano brands? I Really like that feature for carp and catfishing.

1st post, and sorry i would search for this type of stuff but cant find a search button on the forums.

2. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Okuma and penn also have the feature,plus a lot of off brands are now coming out with it

3. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA

i think their are 1 or 2 more but cant think of them atm.. im running the Okuma baitrunners Great reels for the money... And welcome to the BOC :big_smile:

4. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    okuma has the coranados,epixors, and avengers

penn has the liveliners

mitchell has the nautilus

diawa has the Emblem Pro and bite and run reels

silstar had the bait feeders but i'm not sure if they're still in production but you might find one on ebay

i think thats all of them

5. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    Mark, You hit the nail on the head with reels that are available here in the USA. You may find other options if you try some of the Carp Speciality vendors. Prices will vary as well on these and the fact that Shimano was the first to market in the USA plays a BIG part. They are the Benchmark for Bait Runner systems throughout the World! JMHO!!!!!!

HOPPY4

6. mrmarkedwards

State:
    Delaware
    Hoppy i agree 100% and i only stuck with reels available here in the U.S. we both the big baitrunner is a great reel but it comes with a monster price tag 300 dollars! also i didn't mention the shimano thunnus there a reel for you built like a tank and another one with a hefty price tag 240 dollars its the american big baitrunner.

7. bigbengal

bigbengal New Member

State:
    WV
    I have a silstar and I love it. It is very durable and smooth.

8. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I've had a Baitrunner for several years, and I'm not real crazy about it.

To me, it's heavy and slow...fishing with it makes me think of driving an older truck, with no power steering.

Also, the "clicker", if you can call it that, is barely audible.

I have a Shimano lever drag charter special that does almost everything the Btr does, only better. Almost, because it won't cast with the Btr.

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Looks like Mark has them all covered. I have a shimano baitrunner 4500 and a okuma epixor eb30 that I use for carping. Both are awesome.

10. mrmarkedwards

State:
    Delaware
    i forgot... the tica abyss retails for roughly 100 dollars

11. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I have the Shimano Baitrunner in the 4500 & the 6500 models, "Love Them". :big_smile::0a23:
    In fact - I use the Baitrunner in the 4500 series, I like it so much that I got it in the 6500 series too. (LoL)
    :wink:
    "Oh - & :0a25: to the B.O.C. Mike". :embarassed: