Shimano baitrunner???

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by MrFlathead, Jul 12, 2009.

1. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
    Well I talked the wife into letting me buy a 6500 baitrunner and we headed off to the Bass Pro Shop and I get to the desk to get one and BAM they were sold out and no more ordered because a new model is coming out but they dont know when. Does anyone know anything about this? I really want one of these and I hope the next model is as good as the old one supposedly was.

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :confused2:
    "You Got Me Zach",:0a28:
    That's the first that I heard about it - I'm glad that I just ordered my 3500 to add to the 4500 & 6500 that I all ready have - Maybe you can go to there web-site an order one? I'm sure that you can still pick up one that way. :cross:
    :wink:
    :0a26:

3. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    EBAY all the way brother. They are always on there. Pick your poison and have it shipped to you. :wink:

4. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    shimano has redesigned the baitrunner it is now the baitrunner D. this is what i found out from the icast show.

Baitrunner D: As expected Shimano put a lot of emphasis on bringing up their saltwater offerings this year. Like the Shimano Stradic the Baitrunner gets a major makeover and the baitrunner’s transformation is even more extreme. Since the introduction of the Triton SeaSpin with the Baitrunner in 1986 the design on the previous reel has gone unchanged. Certain features like Dyna-Blance and Power Roller were added onto the reel during this time but for the most part the reel retained both it’s classic look and form. With so many advancements in spinning reel technology within the Shimano lineup it was high time to remake this classic.

Shimano also redesigns the Baitrunner, and it has been a long time coming

The Baitrunner D gets a complete redesign this year that makes the reel more compact and yet preserves everything that guides and anglers loved about the original including the drivetrain and patented auto return baitrunner feature. The new Baitrunner D features S-Concept design with a direct drive mechanism with a thread in handle attachment. The reel looks more aggressive in appearance and features an oversized septon handle grip for power and comfort.

Shimano makes use of all the new technologies while preserving what anglers love about the original
    The Baitrunner D’s frame and sideplate are all graphite and the spool is cold forged. The Baitrunner D also benefits from the company’s Propulsion Line Management System and comes with a beefed up waterproof drag system that features Dartanium II drag washers. The Baitrunner D will come in sizes ranging from 4000 to 12000* and the smaller reel now makes this reel more suitable for light line and inshore applications. All but the massive 12000 size feature a 4.8:1 gear ratio and the 12000 size has an even more powerful 4.4:1 gear ratio. The Baitrunner D will be available first in he 8000 size right after ICAST with the other sizes following in the months to come. The smallest 4000 size will retail for $159.99 and the 12000 size will be only 30 dollars more.

Attached Files:

• s4.jpg
      s4.jpg
      File size:
      21.9 KB
      Views:
    • s3A.jpg
      s3A.jpg
      File size:
      23.1 KB
      Views:
    • s3.jpg
      s3.jpg
      File size:
      24 KB
      Views:
  5. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i have 2 of the 4500's and love them, i'm sure the new design is nice but i'm happy with the classic:wink:

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I plan on getting me a couple of the Shimmano 4500's or larger in the next month. Thanks for the reports

7. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Mark do you have any idea what the line size and capacity is on the different models?

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Mark,
    Thanks for the run-down on the new Baitrunner series :0a31:, I have the classic 4500 & 6500 Baitrunners but I like the idea of the S-Concept design with a direct drive mechanism with a thread in handle attachment.

If I were to get another Baitrunner in the future - I'll be sure to pick-up one of the new D's.
    :wink:
    :0a23:

9. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    Model
    Line Capacity (# Test/Yards) Power Pro Line Capacity (# Test/Yards)

BTR4000D
    8/240, 10/200,12/160 15/270, 20/190, 40/145

BTR6000D
    10/300,12/265,16/170 30/245, 50/210, 65/130

BTR8000D 36 14/295,17/250,20/195 40/295, 50/290, 65/180

BTR12000D 37 |12/550,16/350,20/265 50/505, 65/310, 80/230

10. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    The thing that gets me Mr Edwards why does Shimano always skip from a 12oz to a 20oz nothing in between...Having said that im still getting one...lol

11. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    thank you Mark, much appreciated.

12. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    Do you plan on Getting one of these new Baitrunners Mark?

13. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    yup me too. Im not sure how the could improve their pretty much perfect the way they are! maybe ill be able to find some of the old ones on clearance:big_smile:

14. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Mark or anybody can you explain what the s concept design is as well as the direct drive with the thread in handle? what are the benefits of these?

15. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    Anyone get one of these yet? Review?