She's done it again..

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Wil, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    yup my mom never fails to piss me off at some point in time.. this time shes been playing favorites.. when i turned 16 my mom promised me something to drive around but it had to be put on hold for money issues which is understandable but i didnt expect to wait until after my 17th birthday to get it.. hell she didnt even get it for me my grandparents gave me a '96 chevy monte carlo. but its a great teenager car, something you can beat up a little.. time went on and it started to fall apart and it still is falling apart.. my brother turned 16 in february and was promised a car when he got his drivers license (he didnt take drivers ed yet and mom wouldnt get him one till then) and since he got his learners permit late he has to wait until august before he can drive.. but what does my mom do? a week after he passed drivers ed she goes out and buys him a 2001 Mercury Cougar:angry:.. a $10,000 car!!!:angry::angry: with a new 7 speaker stereo system in it and all that good stuff to boot:angry:.. her reason "Wil, he needed something to get him through college." :angry:what?! im going to college next year and theres no way my car will last my the 6 years of college.. my question is this though.. how did she save an extra $10,000 in less than a year to get him that nice of a car.. somethings not adding up here!:angry: but now shes even made me give up my parking spot so he can have his car in the driveway and not on the street "so it doesnt get sideswiped" that i can understand but still!!! whats he gonna do for the next 2 months look at it?

I'm Flaming..

2. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    well all i can tell ya is your lucky someone GAVE you a car. i had to pay for my own when i was your age. just part of life and it doesnt mean she loves you any lease.

3. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ya someone gave me a car but ive spent over 3 times what its worth fixing it and stuff so i can still drive it around, i had to take it to the shop again this month to try and figure out why it dies when i turn the AC on but they cant figure it out and when i take it in they do stuff to it i dont tell them to do and i end up having to pay more.

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Well Wil I don't have an answer for You except to say your younger brother ( Little Wilber) I think thats what I'll call Him LOL :wink: Just got LUCKY this time.Your a Fine young Man from what I can see, and also to Big of a Person to let this bother you.I'm Sure your Mother Loves both of you the same.Now if I was a Betting man Id say Little Wilber will have that Cougar Ripped to pieces in No time at all and be bumming rides from his Big Brother.So don't sweat the small stuff,Your WAY to COOL for that OK. Your Friend,J.D.

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Did she actually say she "paid" for it or is "paying" for it??? There is a big difference there..:wink: I think both o yall are lucky for even having a mother to give you something as nice as your first car!!! My dad brought me 1978 olds 88 for my 1st car and that thing was huge, but i was driving and nobody else was:wink: You can always sell it & buy what you really want like i did....or just drive it & be happy you're not walking or bumming rides with your buddies, either way you are way ahead of most of kids............

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I agree with JD on this one. Also remember the old phrase "Whats goes around comes Around." Just hang tough little bro will need a ride someday.You have only one Mother, don't stay mad at her.Lifes to short for that. After all thier not perfect either but they try to do thier best.

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Wil is your brother the youngest I know that I am in my family and I get away with murder :smile2:.

Another thing tho, while your Mom may not have gotten you a "perfect" car or whatever to be pissed about it is well dumb IMO. My Mom now is getting alzhiemers and will repeatedly ask you the same question over and over and over. She will call me all upset cause my idiot sister will use this to her advantage and tell her something that I did or something and I will get the wrath from my Mom about it. After getting me upset (I wont be able to call her back she will just hang up on me), I was told that she didnt even remember calling me. We visited her for over 1 1/2 hours and she didnt remember it all. You want a family problems I can give you issues with mine, I now will not even speak to my sister cause I got tired of her crap.

So all in all getting a beater car is better than none at all. I had to use my brothers car and was not able to get one of my own till I was in my 20's.

8. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ya hes the youngest, im not mad that my car isnt perfect, im mad because she lied to me about why i couldnt get one and then paid for his (yes she said paid), and also because he is a horrible driver and will probably wreck it, im not saying im an angle on the road but he is one of those drivers where your hand is constatly on the ohshit bar.. he will wreck it

9. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i would take what you got and be happy with it. my parents never bought me a car and my mother wont even co-sign with me to get one myself. i had to do everything myelf. i didnt own my own till i was 18, and it was a 1980 Volkswagen Vanagon that i paid 900 bucks for. it lasted longer than any other car ive ever had. when i was in high school all the kids whose parents bought them really nice cars were little b@$%#@s who had no respect for anyone. they usually ended up wrecking it and gettin someone hurt. since their parents never made them work for anything in high school, they ended up being bums. most of em still live with their parents. so consider yourself lucky to have what you got

10. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Blow the damned cougar up, then tell them why, or threaten to if she doesn't keep her word, and put it in your name, then do it.

Doesn't the thought of doing that, make you feel better?:smile2:

11. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Why do kids think they need everything handed to them???? Hey my first car a 61 Chevy Biscayne I bought myself and paid my for my own insurance at 16. I worked in a diner after school to get that car and insurance.

Neighbor girl is 16 and bought herself a used Volvo on payments. She has worked here for me doing hard work and now is employed at Mac Donald's so she will have a car and insurance when she gets her real license in November.

No one has ever bought me a car, or my kids a car. They worked to get them themselves.

My gosh some folks are whiners???? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

12. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    beleive me i would like to blow it up, sure owuld be cool to watch

13. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    news flash, things have changed. honestly, i envy your neighbor girl but i dont make enough to get my own car, i make about 60 dollars every 2 weeks and if i had to get my own i still wouldnt have one. ya im whining, why? because im sick and tired of my mom playing favorites. im pissed off because for most of the things i have i did have to work for them but my little brother has not. come to my house and youll see what im talking about. we both have tv's in our rooms but theres a difference. mine: 24 inch with a dvd and a vcr in it. his: 55 inch high definition lcd tv. he has a ps3 a wii and MY xbox360 in his room(which my mom made me put in there after i even bought it with my own money) he has 3 different guitars (worth over 1500 each) which were all given to him and i have a $1500 trumpet that i had to buy myself. im mad because he never has to work for anything and its pissing me off

14. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I was going to refrain from commenting on this issue until I read the response above.
    Wil, what you are feeling is nothing to do with being human, it's to do with being a whiny teen who thinks the world owes him a car.
    I don't really care if you feel slighted because your brother got a better car than you feel you deserve or the fact that you feel your mom lied to you.
    You need to get your head out of your butt and realize that if you really want something you have to do whatever it takes to make it happen and that does not include whining until your mommy gives you what you think you deserve.
    I am wondering how much you had saved towards getting yourself a car by the time you got your license? How many yards did you mow, how many walks did you shovel in the winter?
    When your mom said she couldn't afford a car for you did you say to her "Hey mom, don't forget the $????? I have saved that I can add to whatever you can do to help me"?
    Young man, there will always be some with less than you and there will always be some with more whether they deserve it or not. You had better get a handle on that now while you are young or life is going to seem very unfair to you.
    J.M.H.O...W

15. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I imagine Will wants his mom to pay for his college too. LOL LOL

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I can hear you Jim.
    Few months after I turn 17 I was in basic training in the USAF. My first car came at 21, bought with my money.
    One of our daughters bought her a new Camaro at 18 after working for 3 years in the summer and after school.

Now our grandkids.... I won't get into that one. :sad2:

Most kids now days have it so easy. They don't appreciate it for they don't know any different.

Wil, your mother probably hasn't seen any difference in the way she treats you and your brother. I bet she doesn't mean anything by it.

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Will,Buddy,all I can say is welcome to the REAL world,Life ain't fair. Little brothers get everything they want an that's the way it is,I have BOTH an older brother and a younger one,My older brother and I were both GIVEN OLD BEATERS,his was my folks 69 ford LTD,mine was a 1956 ford F100,lil brother on the other hand got a BRAND NEW 1985 ford mustang,see it happens,I wasnt pissed at my folks .... much,but thats the way it it ,Please just get over it an get on with life,imho life is way too short to fret crap like this.

18. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i will add that when i did buy my own car at 18 i was living on my own payin 300 bucks a month rent and power bills and water and trash service. i had two full time jobs. my mom hasnt given me a dime since i lived with her 10 years ago. i would suggest maybe getting a job as a dishwasher in a restraunt. i know, i know, your thinkin "thats dirty, im too good for that". well, so was i, but that was my first job. i kept at it until i became a corporate restraunt trainer and when i quit i had gone from 5.15 an hour to 12.75.

19. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Wil, before i hear anymore whining...i want you to know that you think you have it bad, well buddy let me tell ya im 18 years old and i been workin since i was 13, yea i have had my fair share of vehicles but you know what, i paid for EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM MYSELF. i worked my butt off for what i wanted but now since all this rain has basically shut down my part of work... i have been goin through some rough times that would probably make your car problems the LEAST of your worries. Now dont you think that when he gets your age he is gonna have some problems bein responsible? you know what the value of work is, and the way you make it sound he doesnt. Think of that man next time he is handed something.

20. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Will all the fast food restaurants are looking for help. Wages go from 5.50 to 8 dollars an hour starting. You got a car, you have no excuse not to be working.

You need to bank a bunch to pay for college. Scholarships only go so far.