She's All mine

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by centexcop, Jul 13, 2009.

1. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Okay, I've been saving for a while and I finally bought a new (new to me) boat a couple of weeks ago. It's nothing fancy, but it is serving me well. I like it, it fishes good, it handles rough water amazingly, and most important the wife likes it....:wink:

The best part of it is that it's paid off... No payments to make, well except for gas and customizing it.....:big_smile:

I still need to get some rod holders for it, but here she is..... She's still a little dirty in the pictures......:roll_eyes:

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Reps to ya, Joey! I'm sure you will slime that baby up! VERY wise to have a "paid off" vessel!! BTW: I HIGHLY recommend Driftmaster 1/2 inch pro duos. I haven't seen a holder that can come close to challenging those two position gems.

BB in SC

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats Joey, them old Champions are good boats. My pard just bought a new skeeter after having 3 champions. Wishin he had his 4th champion now though.

4. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    Thanks Bill.

The previous owner is a friend of mine and he came by the house the other day and said there was a strange smell coming from the boat.... He was telling the guys at work that I'm converting his boat to a cat boat.

Nope, I'm converting MY boat......:crazy:

5. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    Yeah, I did a lot of research before I bought it. I could have bough my neighbors which is just a modified flat bottom, but I knew if I wanted the wife and kids to go they would like something a little bigger and something that rode a little better. All of my research paid off.... This Champion Boat has a very smooth ride....The padded seats over the rod lockers make for some comfortable catfishing.

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Awesome news Joey...... Congratulations!:wink:

7. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Good looking boat, now for the the big cats.

8. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    It's had a couple in it.... Nothing big though. Maybe I'll get something over 50 one night this summer......:crazy:

9. Capn Crunch

Capn Crunch New Member

State:
    Lexington,
    Congratulations Joey! Nice looking boat, bud. You have properly named and re-christened her, right?:wink::smile2:

10. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats on the new boat Joey, looks like you and the family are set to have some really good times. Good to know that you've already slimed her up some. Stay safe and good fishing!!!

11. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    Oh yeah.... she had never had a catfish in her before.... I think she likes it!

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Joey thanks for sharing the pics of your new ride. Those Champion are great boats with a smooth ride. Congrats on the find.

13. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats!! Paid for is the best.

14. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    JOEY ,nice looking boat u got there ,make sure u check the trailer tongue for cracks ,that looks to me like the trailer some members r having that happen to :wink: [haulrite i think ]

15. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Take that sucker down to the stringers and bring it back up a center console.
    Really make the guy moan.

16. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice boat. Congrats to ya. Thanks for sharing.

17. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Congrats on the new boat Joey, looking good

18. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    One awesome boat an congrats to you an the other half! Enjoy your times together an on the waters.

19. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    she's beutifull, take care of her!!

20. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Nothing like hitting the water right before 1st light and easing the throttle forward:smile2: Nice boat !!! Enjoy it Joey we only live once:big_smile: