Sherron Harris Lake

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by wampuscat1, Aug 2, 2007.

1. wampuscat1

wampuscat1 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    ive always done river fishing but the river got a drain in it where i live and i was thinking of going there but dont know #1 how my 17ft boat would do and #2 how to catch fish if i go . river and lake fishing differs alot i would think?

2. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    it's not the best lake around for cats but...

your 17' would do fine...i launch a 19' bay boat...there are much bigger boats launched in there like...a 25' carolina skiff....

there are shallow spots around some of the coves...but thats like that in all lakes....watch you fish finder....

as far as cats....channels rule the lake....you will get much debate about blues and flatheads but i know people who have been fishing that lake for many many many years and have never caught anything but channels and whites and of course the bull heads...

bait is typical live blue gill and shad....

fish shallow flats or rip rap banks.. in the early morn and evening into the night.....

if your looking for fast action plenty of decent sized cats both whites and channels can be caught with the old reliable night-crawler...

hope this helps good luck!!

3. wampuscat1

wampuscat1 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thanks for the info ive gotta go some where this weekend but cant fish the river so i thought i might try something new!:0a17: