sherriff taylor uses an ABU????

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FS Driver, Feb 20, 2008.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    tonite i went by my pops to see how he was doin and i watched a couple episodes of beverly hillbys and 3 episodes of andy griffith before his supper was ready . one of the episodes of andy showed andy and opey comeing in with fishing poles in hand and it sure looked like andy had an abu maybwe a 5000 series size reel on his pole . i thought that was pretty neat .
    i wish i remembered exact episode but it escapes memory at the moment .
    anyone else ever see this episode?would be cool to see if it was a one time fluke or if they always showed him useing this reel even if it was a prop
    its neat they used an abu for the purpose .

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My hats off to you smiling-Only a die hard catfisher with possible cabinfever would notice this and now the rest of us are on a mission fer you to get your mind setteled over thisimportant matter:wink:now I want to know to(lol)

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to go sheriff Andy

4. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Gotta remember almost all of the bass reels from back then looked fairly identical also.

:004:

5. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    will your right there was a bunch of reels like that in the day .
    it still caught my eye and i had to think it was an abu .
    now that i think about it i cant recall to many episode wher i actually seen him
    casting . the only thing i seen him catch was crooks !:wink:

6. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    did you ever see the episode where Andy traded his fishing pole (thats what he called it)? the name of his rod and reel combo was Old Eagle Eye Annie. I know the episode you are talking about though. it does look like an old Abu model, but i cant be sure though. Oh and by the way, my mom is a die-hard Andy Griffith fan, so i have seen ever show they ever made.