Shenendoah River

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Bazpro, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Bazpro

Bazpro New Member

State:
    VA
    First new thread here. This is a great site. I live in Ashburn, VA and fish the Potomac and Shenendoah. I grew up fishing the Shenendoah outside of Berryville (20 minutes from Winchester) where my family has a Cabin. I haven't had time to fish as much that last few years (son born) and wanted to see if anyone has noticed a pickup in the river. After the fish kill, things got real slow. Has anyone had luck with Small/Largemouth, Cats or Carp?

2. Ripper

Ripper New Member

State:
    Virginia
    The Channel cats weren't affected by whatever killed all the smallmouth,perch in the Doah,the channels have gotten bigger and better I think.

3. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Welcome to the greatest community on the Internet, Andy!

I do hear that the catfish are better than ever, but I really haven't gotten myself off the lakes yet and into the river to find out. I've done a little flyfishing on the South Fork though--it's a beautiful river!

4. Bazpro

Bazpro New Member

State:
    VA
    Glad to hear the catfish are doing well. Are there any other species besides channel in the shenendoah. That's all I've ever caught. It is a pretty river. I love doing floats from 50 lockes landing or lockes landing to route 7.

5. Ripper

Ripper New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I fish around luray VA,and there is plenty of smallmouth,largemouth,crappie,perch,and a rising population of musky.

Jeremiad-I noticed your from Rappahanock Co.,I deer hunt in Old Hollow.

6. Ripper

Ripper New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Here's a DOAH cat,I put pete on.

Attached Files: