Shenandoah River in Virginia

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by wiskeredwarrior101, Jun 12, 2006.

1. wiskeredwarrior101

wiskeredwarrior101 New Member

State:
    virginia
    Has anyone ver fished the shenandoah river for cats? i fish there every once in awhile ive caught some nice fish there including at 34 pound blue. I was just wondering if anyone knew of what baits might work really well or any info they could give thanks

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I fished there a long time ago and did real well with crawlers. Just don't keep them on a stringer, the turtles got all mine last time.

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I just read where they are having another fish kill on the "doaha". What's going on? That's a nice river. Wouldn't think there would be a problem with the water.

4. wiskeredwarrior101

wiskeredwarrior101 New Member

State:
    virginia
    Yeah it was an amazing river until that fish kill, the river is making a comeback though. In 03/04' when the hurricane came through it just went bad i doubt the hurricane had anything to do with it but the mercury levels have gone up like crazy and they still have no clue whats going on. Its prolly some big buisness through out its trash somewhere. Its been better and better everytime i have gone lately im going this weekend so I'll tell you how it is.