Shelbyville?

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by capnmac, Jan 5, 2008.

1. capnmac

capnmac New Member

State:
    illinois
    You all fish Shelbyville lake? Any good places to fish?

2. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    I have not fished Shelbyville, but would like to sometime. I've heard about a leak problem with the damn there, and the lake may have to be drained to fix it. Is there any truth to that, or updates?

3. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    Sorry, I realized after posting I mispelled the word dam.

4. capnmac

capnmac New Member

State:
    illinois
    have heard that rumor but fish there a lot. Know a couple good places always catch fish off of them

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Don, was talking with a fella from CORP up at the spillway month or so ago, he was telling us they found it leaking between the earthen and concrete, he was telling us that they are gonna keep it low but wasn't real sure just how far? I know when we road over tot he point in front you can see where they were starting some type of work. Have not heard or read anything since then, any one hear anything lately?
    Charles, you heard any up that way?

Cap, we always do fairly well over Bo Woods way, and the flats off of point 6, drifting them.

6. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    That would be a bad deal if they needed to drain a lake down. :eek:oooh: Hopefully there is another alternative that can be done instead of that.

7. capnmac

capnmac New Member

State:
    illinois
    Bo Wood is an awesome area to fish. West of the boat ramp around the corner off the point. The old channel runs thru that area. Was around when is was just the river there. Also up around Wilburn Creek area is good most of the time when there is water. See you all leter

8. Flyingpig

Flyingpig New Member

State:
    Lakewood, Illinois
    Mark, Up and around Coal Shaft Bridge and then up where the Kaskaskia comes into the lake are better areas to catfish, than the main part of the lake.

9. smokeeater3302

smokeeater3302 New Member

State:
    il
    I live about 4 mins from the north end of the lake . Have always had great luck with Cornbread bottoms and Wilborn. I have the best luck depending on the wind , drifting towards the railroad bridge @Wilborn. Let me know if this helps at all

10. capnmac

capnmac New Member

State:
    illinois
    Was born and raised in Sullivan smokeeater. You lived around there all your life?