Shelbyville tips???

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by RBBH, Jun 30, 2009.

1. RBBH

RBBH New Member

State:
    illinois
    The last couple times I've been to Shelbyville I have had a terrible time locating any cats. I can't figure out how to high water fish these things. None of my normal spots produce.:angry:

I get to go 2 more times in july then I won't get to fish it again this year and wouldn't mind catching a fish or two.

Does anybdy have any tips. Not looking for your specific spots, just some tips on what to look for to fish the high water.

Good Luck!
    RBBH

2. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    We fish below the dam, we have our best luck there. Ive never fished much up on the lake itself. Sorry not much help there.

3. capnmac59

capnmac59 New Member

State:
    illinois
    try up by bo wood. out from the boat ramp by the island

4. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    where is Bo Wood at and could one bank fish there?

5. capnmac59

capnmac59 New Member

State:
    illinois
    bo wood is south of sullivan 4 or 5 miles. you can bank fish there. go to the end of road to the picnic area and walk down over the hill to west. have always caught cats there

6. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks may head over there tomorrow,Weather does not look good for fishing but i try anyhow,any other good spots besides over the hill?

Forgot to ask, Is there a bait shop around this area?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  7. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Throw a shad net

8. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    forget that place, it used to be awsome till they blasted the gates wide open, if you want i can give you some tips, theres 2 good spots below the dam, see were the concreat meats the rocks cast out there, or go to the wall and wing out a bluegill and jig it around, but its not producing cats like it did 3 years ago,but dont overlook it for walliey or a huge channelcat,