Shelbyville Augst 1st?

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by capnmac59, Jul 22, 2009.

1. capnmac59

capnmac59 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Anyone plan on fishing the Shelbyville tourney August 1st? Leaves out of Eagle Creek at 7. Hope to see you all there.

2. RBBH

RBBH New Member

State:
    illinois
    I have fished it the last couple years, but won't be able to make it this year. There is a slight chance I could make it, but its not looking good.

I fished the other night and I just can't get a handle on high water fishing that lake. I really need to explore more.

Didn't you win last year?

3. capnmac59

capnmac59 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yes we did. hope we can repeat but not holding our breath

4. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good luck but you know now you are going for second place.

5. capnmac59

capnmac59 New Member

State:
    illinois
    whatever when u want to go down and prefish Jake? give me a call later this evening lets set something up

6. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Stay tuned shelbyville tournament may have to take off from another location

7. capnmac59

capnmac59 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Eagle Creek boat ramp is open. Just the resort and such is closed. Cya all there Saturday

8. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    SHELBYVILL IS NOT THAT GRAET FOR SIZE, UNLESS YOUR BELOW THE DAM, DIRTY OLD DECATER IS TEN TIMES BETTER

9. capnmac59

capnmac59 New Member

State:
    illinois
    it is fine for size. just got to know where to get them

10. RBBH

RBBH New Member

State:
    illinois
    I had a few appointments open up so it looks like I get to go. I was hoping I would get too. I have fun every year. I've never had a whole lot of luck at that lake, but you never know. I am bringing my light just in case, if I don't get on some cats I'm switching over to whites.

Good Luck, maybe you can go 2 years on a row!

11. capnmac59

capnmac59 New Member

State:
    illinois
    hope to see you there. we will be in the CATWAGON again. look for us

12. Flyingpig

Flyingpig New Member

State:
    Lakewood, Illinois
    I see there's a few of you all that's going to be at Lake Shelbyville on Saturday for the Catfish tournament, hope too see you there.
    We will be in a 19' Jon that my son and I just started modifications for our catfishing rig. We have spent the last week trying to get the boat ready to go out.
    At least this year I don't have to work during the fishing tournament, so plans are for Saturday of getting off work that morning, then getting a
    quick nap, then going out and casting a net and getting some bait.

Good luck,
    Charlie

13. capnmac59

capnmac59 New Member

State:
    illinois
    shad have been hard to find there and what we find are small

14. Flyingpig

Flyingpig New Member

State:
    Lakewood, Illinois
    We were back up in a couple of coves the other evening around the Lithia area just before dark and seen quite a few, it's just catching them.

15. RBBH

RBBH New Member

State:
    illinois
    Does anybody net any shad at the spillway. I have some frozen up, but none fresh.

I will be in a 16 ft Fisher john boat with a 40 mariner.

I like the boat "catwagon". We noticed it last year and thought it was pretty cool.

I hope they have a good turnout. It seemed a little down last year. Probably because of the high water.

Good luck everybody.