Shed hunting!!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by katcatchingfool, Feb 17, 2009.

1. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Took a kid that live down the street shed hunting for the first time. We didnt find any sheds but the kid found this right by where I park my truck during deer season. Wish it would of made it another year.:sad2:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Holy Cow! What a find! It's definently to bad the deer couldn't make for another season, but that's nature. I'll bet the kid was all smiles finding that skull w/ rack. Shed hunting is fun and GOD only knows what a person can find when looking for them. Pretty Cool. Thanks for the pics.

3. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Success, I started shed hunting last year elk and deer, i found carcuses but no antlers, dropped or attached. I just love going out enjoying the forest, it is a bonus to run across wildlife or a shed. Congrats on your find.

4. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Thats a great find, in my part of the country that is HUGE!!!!!! It's a shame he's dead but maybe he has a few Jr. studs runnin around:wink:

5. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Nice rack. To bad he is not still around for you next year.

6. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    First time I ever saw one shed it's head???:eek:oooh: You must have some MEAN deer there!!!

I hope it was a natural death deal or a car hit. I hate to think that it was shot and got away only to pass away from the wound.:sad2:

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thats what I was thinking Kip. Ive found the body without a head but never just a head. LOL

8. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Great find! Here's a couple pics of skulls I've found while rabbit and squirrel hunting. They ain't as big as that one though!

Attached Files:

9. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    That is one big brute, for sure. And Matt, those are also good finds. I've never personally found anything like that, but my husband has found a really nice antlered skull, plus some loose antlers. He also found a cool beaver skull. Oh, I did find a coyote skull, but it was a coyote that my husband had shot the year before!(Does that count for anything? Ha!) But usually, when it's time to look for sheds here, he's already thinking about fishing!!

10. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Cool find. Looks like the tree rats got a hold of the tip of one of the tines. I really like those european mounts. Thanks for sharing!

11. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    Now thats a great find!!

GO VOLS