Shed - Deer Antler Shedding

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by samh, Nov 19, 2006.

1. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
  2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    nice shed! i believe i would have a stand in that area. i have found sheds and placed a stand in that area the next year and got em. i always looked at sheds as a place a buck might have been hinding in the year he shed it. them bucks have been through all the hunting preasure from the season and have found a hinding place and i feel like they use those areas alot because they feel safe in there. might want to give a try. that shed looks like last years horn.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    boy oh boy i betcha cant wait to see that biggun id be slobberin all the way to next year if i found that

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    around here the mice would have ate that up , thats a good sign of a big buck in the area .

5. jtr4324

jtr4324 New Member

State:
    virginia
    Thanks for the pics. I agree with some of the other folks. I would hang out in that area for a while.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Nice pictures .I really dought if that was last years shed ,the mice would of ate it up by now.It doesn't take them long to destroy then horns. I believe they start shedding around here the last of Dec or in Jan. Thats why they upped the extented hunting season for guns to early Dec.I believe it comes in the 9th. Used to be in Jan but to many Bucks was getting shot ,cause they had shed thier racks and people thought they was Does. Thats all you can hunt here is Does in the extented season.

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Nice shed, Sam. I'd be looking for him. This year I found two sheds at the base of a pine tree I was preparing for my climbing stand. Both are right side sheds from 3 1/2-4 1/2 year old deer and were laying 6 inches apart. More than half of them were eaten but you can still tell that they came from nice bucks. I thought it was strange finding them that close together.