Shed a tear tonight.....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Jul 27, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Wow, how fast Madison has grown up. She is 17 months old now and growing like a weed. I hear daddy all day long when I am home. She is running all over the place, climbing the stairs also. She is a little evil kenival jumping all over the place from chair to couch and such. She is saying probably 30 different words and learning more everyday.

Well, tonight I took the crib down and put up the toddler bed. I remember laying her down in the Crib the 2nd night she was home. So small and innocent, just smiling at mommy and daddy.

I know this is just another step in her life, but, I shed a tear remembering when she was just a couple days old in the crib.

I love my little girl, she is a blessing and keeps me going through rough times.

2. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    tea i know how you feel.
    i still have homework papers drawings and doodleing in notebooks from
    my kids when they were little .
    heck i retrieved a bumblebee bicycle helmet out of trash that wife was going to pitch !!!!! it was my youngest first little helmet when i would ride him on my 10 speed in his seat.
    i put it on a shelf in garage:embarassed:
    still have the snoopy and woodstock bobbers and a dinosaur rex pole
    and a few other old first fishin gear items i kept.
    makes ya wonder where on earth time goes so fast.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Wait till she says, Daddy, I'd like ya to meet my boyfriend, "BUBBA'. LOL!

4. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Cherish every moment you have with her Tea. My oldest is 17 and I'm trying to prepare my self for the moment when he says, Dad, I think i'm going to move out. I think i'll cry like a baby.:sad2:

5. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    I know what you mean Matt. It seems like yesterday that my daughter was in her crib. Now she's about ready to turn 16. Don't let a day go bye without holding and kissing her. It's so nice to hear your emotion. It's not often that a man expresses it. Thanks.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

wait till you get a knock on the door and a young man says hi I am here to pick up your daughter in my VAN. I can see the look of terror in your eyes now. Remeber these years they are priceless.

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I know how you feel Tea, We have three boys, all married, now i have two grand daughters and they are the love of my life. The first time the oldest called me poppie i also shed some tears. I cant wait to get her a fishing pole and go catch some gills.

8. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Teabag it also dont end at moving out my one daughter is 30 and still calls me for things my youngest is 25 and still calls me now and then when he can

9. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    She just went up to lay down in her new bed. We put it in our room until she adjusts to it. But, here is a pic of her a few minutes ago on her new bed.

Attached Files:

10. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Dang, bud. What you just said, kinda reminds me of a new song came out,(yup, me talkin' about music...who'd of guessed...lol) called "I loved her first." About a father lettin' go of his "little" girl. Ya ain't there yet, bud, but I'm sure you'll be sayin' the same thing. "I loved her first, from the first breath she breathed, when she first smiled at me, I know the love of a father runs deep, I loved her first...." I think it goes somethin' like that anyways, glad ya got yourself a little girl that loves ya, bud. Tight lines, and get her into fishin' as soon as she's old enough to hold the rod!!!

-Red

11. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Enjoy it my freind, my daughter is twenty one now and the years went by so fast.

12. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks all, just hooked up the VCR so she could watch her Care Bares Bedtime Stories Video. She is just laying there cute as can be. We had a great day today.

Wife went down to her fathers so I got to spend a little alone time with her. I took her to get her hair cut. Then we stopped and picked up the wife a dozen roses, let Madison pick em out. They ended up being orange. LMAO Then we came home and watched Sponge Bob, she just sat on my lap.

I sure love being a daddy!!

13. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Daddy is gonna go to bed early tonight and watch her fall asleep in this bed for her first time. Yall have a good one.

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Tea just listen to Jimmy Deans song Sleeping Beauty it Says all that your are going through and gonna go through. Really a neat song for all dads to hear who has daughters. God Bless . Enjoy your little one ,she'll grow up real fast. My oldest daughter is the big 40.Still calls when she needs something.

15. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    She could do alot worse!:roll_eyes: Lmao!

16. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I just heard that song the other day...good, isn't it?? Also, that one by Trace Adkins,"Then they do". Yeah, Matt, you're a big ole softie, & a good daddy. And the world needs lots more just like you!!
    Those sweet times do go by fast, but there will be more sweet ones to follow. Heck, I still feel like my Daddy's little girl, & I'm nearly ?0!! Ha!! Enjoy this...love her, & she'll always be yours.

17. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    hey buddy it's just great to know that you take good care of your kid. i know somany people who are bad parents. and not everyone on the boc know that we are good freinds from high school. so let me tell you when i heard that tea was having a kid i was just shocked. but he's not only a good dad but a good freind to

18. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Good point Phil! She could say, JW or DH! LOL!

19. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    you sound like a good dad. This one old guy at a resturauant always told me "I may be old and all, but kids make me feel like a kid again". Not saying your old lol, just he always said that about himself. Anyway, have a great time raisin your youngin'.

20. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Hey Matt, you old softie :smile2: Like everyone has already said - cherish these moments, 'cause she will grow up way too fast :eek:oooh: But she will call you "Daddy" for the rest of her life, and every time she does it will make your heart skip a beat :big_smile: