She says i got 2 days.

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by TheMadCatter, Jun 21, 2009.

1. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    so my girlfriend has been told that she has 2 days of vacation time she has to use before the end of the month or else she loses them. it took some convincing, and agreeing to go with her to the outlet stores (errr!), but i got 2 days next week that we are going down to the osage area.
    i plan to hit bagnell, but im curious about where else we should go. wont have a boat, so im trying to find out if anyone knows any decent bank fishing spots we might be able to catch some fish on. dont know what the bite will be like for the cats, but im pretty open to just being able to catch some fish. we will be down there wensday night through friday. any suggestions?

2. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Oh man, the outlet store shopping is brutal, Thats a big price to pay to go fishing, but still worth it (It's close though) Good luck.

3. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Fishing with live shad from the bank at bagnell should be decent.

4. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    lol that sucks having to go shoping i always feel like a lost dogg in those places, makes it easier if u can just stare at the ground and day dream about fishing lol. :wink: gl on ur trip

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Yhea what he said!!! Malls ain't my style but a man will do what he has to do.

6. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    thanks ed, i have seen the action there and it looks really fun. but is there anywhere else? maybe on the other side of the dam thats worth giving a shot. it just seems to get a little crowded right there on the bank, and i would like the option of a less crowded spot to set up some chairs, wet some lines, and relax.

7. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I am not sure about the other side but there is quite a bit of bank that is not hard to get to from the boat ramp side. I was there saturday and it wasn't super crowded or anything. Later in the afternoon it was almost empty.

8. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I can bring the boat up one night. You can park by the quarry and walk in to fish the riprap and the point we fished on below the bridge. LOL I got a new supply of anchors and a sway line for the back with a cinder block. Rivers been eaten the heck out of my gear this year. Talked to some locals they said the cats are feeden slow but biten good on live shad down by the riprap. Give me a heads up.