Shawnee Twin Lakes

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jlwhite405, Feb 17, 2008.

1. jlwhite405

jlwhite405 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I'm a newcomer from central oklahoma. Just wondering if anyone on here ever fishes shawnee twin lakes. I fish there all the time ], but never catch any cats over 3#. would like to know if anyone has pulled any big ones out of there. Thanks

2. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Have caught cats around 10lbs around the dams while trolling for sand bass. Also did good at the fish attractor over in Jacksons Neck.
    Only thing is, I haven't fished there in over 20 years.

:004:

3. jlwhite405

jlwhite405 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    it was around 20 feet below normal

4. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Dang, I would've loved to it that low, See what kind of structure was still left.
    Back in winter of '82-'83, me and some friends actually was able to do some icefishing over by the ranger station. Actually caught a couple of crappie also. :smile2:

5. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Mr.White First off Welcome to the B.O.C. about them 3#ers.Them are the one's you want to be eating.I fish the River's mostley for anything of Size And Like most of the Die hard Catfishermen here I turn them back for another day,Most of us don't keep anything over 10 Lbs.We C.P.R. Take care and Fish on..:cool2:

6. garzaglass

garzaglass New Member

State:
    OK
    never been to shawnee, sounds like fun!

7. Big Guns

Big Guns New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    We use to fish it often for the saugeye and sandies, but it was closed 2 years ago due to low water. Not sure if it has recovered.

8. jlwhite405

jlwhite405 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    its has recovered nicely. I havent seen it this full in a long time. The crappie house is full of people everyday now so they must be hittin. havent fished for cats there in a month or so. went bass fishing there today and caught 23 fish in about 45 minutes. fastest bass fishing ive ever had. Its a nice lake. probly no trophy cats in it but plenty of eaters and its only 15 minutes from my house.