Shawnee or Okemah ?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by simpleokie, Jul 26, 2009.

1. simpleokie

simpleokie New Member

State:
    Okla.
    Anyone ever fish Shawnee lakes or Okemah for cats. I'm going to be in Shawnee Tue - Fri. Going to take my boat.

2. riverratokie

riverratokie New Member

State:
    Collinsville Oklahoma
    Never fished there myself but my friends dad grew up there a speaks very highly about the lake. He says the bass fishing is excellent also

3. simpleokie

simpleokie New Member

State:
    Okla.
    I went to both lakes last week. I had my wife and kids with me on Wed, at Shawnee lake, nice lake fairly big has alot of willows in the water and good depth 30-40 ft. Couldnt tell you if the fishing is good or not though, saw about a pic of a 15 lb Flathead that came out of there.
    I fished Okemah on Thursday, rained all morning, I fished in the old lake section, it was full of jugs, I went to the shallow water to net some shad and decided to try to catch some bass, the bass were thick in there. Ended up fishing for and catching a lot of good sized bass along the weed beds. Have to wait till another trip to try catfishing.

4. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Bud Im in Okemah,It is a nice lil lake with alot of fish,The bass fishing is great but there are a bunch of catfish there too,I fish the old side too from the bank,I walk out to the end of the dam or I fish right there at the old boat ramp.the fishing dock is a nice set up too .My wife and I fish allmost every week together around there.Are you from Okemah??

5. simpleokie

simpleokie New Member

State:
    Okla.
    No Im from OKC. I fished there 5 times last year and have been there 3 times this year. Just trying to learn the lake. I sure do like it, we camped there last year, but havent been able to so far this year.