Shawnee Mission Park Deer

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Grimpuppy, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Anyone else see the story on the Shawnee Mission Park deer population? They say it has gotten so out of control that there are 200 deer per square mile. That is plain nuts. That is a whole bunch of deer. They are eating the hedge balls because there isn't enough food. That is bad. The deer around here won't touch a hedge ball, no matter how bad the winter is. According to the article one of the possible solutions is a special archery season to thin out the population. Something has to be done. It will be a shame if these deer start starving to death because if some anti hunting campaign prevents a season to go tin them out. This was in several papers including the Star or you can google Shawnee Mission Park deer.

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Maybe we need to release some mountain lions? :smile2: The park has always had a good population of them I think, but it has to be past it's healthy limit. Some of the other parks around town have a hunting season every now and then, seems like it's time to do the same at Shawnee Mission.

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    When they start dying off from starvation, Ive got some asian buddies that will be more than happy to come clean them up. :smile2:

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    shoot ill take a deer i got some room in the freezer and deer chili souds pretty darn good , and dear sausage and.... i dont got a bow but i got a truck and they dont have a truck season:eek:oooh::wink::smile2: To SMP I go... crap truck needs batery and tires aired up:angry::sad2:

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    If the truck doesn't work out you could probably just cast net one of them.