Sharpest Hook I have found

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Pylodictis Olivaris, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    For me the Gamakatsu Octopus ( regular style ) is by far the sharpest hook I have found in the 4/0 to 8/0 range. (I'm sure the circles are just as sharp) But I honestly will not buy another brand of hook as long as they continue to put out a quality product like this. I am sold on them 100%. Put your finger tip on one and you will agree....after you go running to the medicine cabinet for some band-aids

What is your favorite hook brand?

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    That treble hook which penetrated my ear lobe with a bass lure on it was the sharpest I have encountered.

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I prefer the gamas myself, but do use other brands.

4. chinook

chinook New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have fished various brands of circle hooks, but I have settled on Matzuo hooks.
    The 3/0 or 4/0 up eye circle hook is great for 1 to 15 pound channels, which is the size of fish at the lake I fish. The hooks are sharp and I catch nearly every strike.

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    they got my vote too. great hooks. ive caught fish up to 50lbs on 5/0s. only time i bent one was with pillers trying to remove it from a fishs mouth and that took a lot of preasure to do that. i buy them in 100 packs. ive lost fish on different brands that where bigger hooks, the fish striaghten out. not anymore. when you find the gamos you dont need to look anymore.

6. jimmyk

jimmyk New Member

State:
    virginia
    they are the best hooks i've ever used. from the 3/0 to 8/0. nothing is better in my opinion.

7. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    I've converted to Gama's as well. They are all very sharp. They do not bend easily either.

cyas
    rc

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If I'll need a bandaide for my fingers testing their sharpness,thats good enough for me. Now that it's winter I'll look around and load up on some.
    :big_smile:

9. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I think the Owner hooks are the sharpest & strongest. Around here it's what most of the Saltwater tournament guys use

10. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Daiichi also claims to produce the sharpest hooks. I like them but I prefer the Eagle Claw circles.

11. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    i agree about the gamagatsu's. i started using the smaller ones for bluegill. you can put the softest waxworms on without squishing them and hardly miss a strike. well woth the extra cash to save some bait.

12. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    All I use for cats are gamakatsus, they are the strongest and sharpest for the money. Owner hooks are good, but you need to take a loan out to buy them. I buy in bulk for my gamakatsus from a local tackle shop, I normally buy 50 10/0 octopus hooks for $21.50

13. Stlnifr

Stlnifr New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I like Eagle Claw circle hooks and when I think they are not sharp enough I either buy new ones are sharpen the old ones.