SHARKIN TONIGHT!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by richard dunbar, Aug 1, 2008.

1. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    I'm taking my oldest boy out later to catch the bigguns so wish us luck.

2. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    yall be careful and bring back some pictures....and stories of triumph. Ronnie

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Richard enjoy the trip with your son. Looking for a good report on fish being caught. Pics would be nice also.

4. richard dunbar

State:
    Washington
    Well the night started off not so great. We arrived at our spot and it was raining with lighting. We decided to wait for awhile to see if it would stop and about an hour later it did. My son Andrew was in the water for about 5 min when he hooked the 1st of what would turn out to be many. Jesse my oldest caught one soon after and the race was on. We ended up with the old man (me) coming in last and both the boys just spanking me with roughly 12 for each of the boys and 3 for me. In my defense, I was doing more line untangling for the boys than fishing. We brought home 3 keepers with one dressing out at about 30 inches after tail and head were gone.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sounds like ya had a great time,Rich. Glad to see ya finally getting to spend some quality time with your boys.

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Where are you fishing at and what bait,rigs and such are you using?I am glad you caught some that you were allowed to keep.Even the protected are fun to catch and release.What kinds were you catching or do you know?You have to carry a book around to ID them now days and some are hard to tell apart for the experts.I heard even law enforcement have been known to be wrong at times in the past.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

7. richard dunbar

State:
    Washington
    We used 30lb line/w 60lb steel lead/w a 5/0 hook, a 3oz egg sinker and snap swivel, the bait of choice was live finger mullet we caught ourselves. The set up was the sinker on the main line then the snap and leader. simple rig that gets the job done. We fished off a dock in the intercoastal waterway where we caught a bunch of dogfish, some sand sharks and some sharpnose. :wink:

8. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Congratulations Rich,
    But I guess your not going to give up your spot.LOL
    what county were you fishing,,north or south.

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Sounds like good fun and good eating. :0a23: