Sharkin in Savannah

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by richard dunbar, Jul 23, 2008.

1. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    I went fishing for the 1st time since ive been back last saturday. I took my daughter, my youngest son, and my daughters friend out to skidaway Island to the boatramp for a little night fishing on the dock. I really did'nt expect to catch much but was surprised when after being in the water for about 10 minutes I caught a small blacktip about 30 inches long. The boys each caught sharks a few inches longer than mine in short order. We started catching small whiting and putting them on the hook for bait in hopes that the big dads would come, and they did. The only problem was I had'nt changed my line in about 17 months and it was'nt up to the challenge. We all three hooked and fought some decent sharks but could'nt land anything over 40 inches due to our weak brittle line. Lesson learned. Don't go fishing after your gear has been sitting around for over a year without changing your line and ensuring you reels are in proper working order. Total shark caught under 40 inches, 34. Total shark or other large spieces hooked but not landed, 8. I'm going out again this Friday night with some friends in hopes of doing better. Wish me luck!

2. hoth2o

hoth2o New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Sounds like y'all had a good time! Always good to take the kids out, catching or not.:smile2:

3. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Welcome home Richard. Last time I was in Savannah all I caught ws 18 inch pups. Made myself a mental note on what time of the year to go. Thanks for the report.

4. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I haven't had it in me to get out and go this year.thak you for the report bro.

5. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Sounds like some good fishin'. I'd love to hook into a big ol' shark.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like some cool sharks, thanks for posting and good luck in the future

7. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    gl on your shark fest hehe. keep us posted