Share your worthless honey holes!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Pacman, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Pacman

Pacman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I keep reading posts where lots of you all are bellyaching that you can consistently catch "boat loads" & "coolers full" of catfish under 10#, but you just can't find the big ones. If the "bigun" was there he would run off all those little runts. How about moving on to another location and reveal the location of those worthless honey holes with us amatures that need the practice?
    :wink:

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC, Dewayne... If I share my worthless honey holes, are you gonna drive all the way to NW Illinois to fish 'em??

3. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yeha i have one out here in AZ that i would be happy to show you. i do kow of a few places out on the Saluda that are pretty good for "eating" catfish. let me know if thats more of what you wanted to know.

4. jsthumb

jsthumb New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC Dewayne. I noticed no one has posted there worthless honey holes yet...lol. I would think that even if they were all small fish if someone is catching a boat load of them then they arent going to tell you because its not worthless. Some people will never be happy with what they are catching. I do have to say that catching the larger fish is fun and what an adrenalin rush but if I had to choose between 1- 40# fish or 40#total of smaller fish then give me the 40#total because that is a good day of fishin.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Launch outa Racoon creek. Head for the river and then go south. Its about a 20 minute ride at 25 knots. You will see a very large rock jetty comein out from the shore. Dependin upon the tide fish the outer most third of the jetty that is out in the river. Ya won't be dissapointed. Does this help any? LOL!

6. SFISHER

SFISHER Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Name:
    Steve
    I dont know were you are, but here is my worthless honey hole.

N 33.38.24
    W 79.07.45

Have fun, take some mullet!!

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Welcome to the BOC Dewayne! I can already tell that Im gonna like reading your posts!:wink:

I'll take you up on the Yuma offer!:smile2:

8. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Almost forgot; I wish I could share some of those places with you guys, but I truly don't consider any place that I fish 'worthless', since I just love being on the water and fishing. Even when I don't catch anything, I can still have a great day. :smile2:

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    one day my nephew was looking @ the fish finder, which was on the auto setting by the way, and we pulled up to the boat ramp and it still marked fish you know w/the depths on them and different sizes, decided to try his luck and what do u know nothing, he said" man this spot is worthless" does that count.

10. Pacman

Pacman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I never really expected a lot of secrets to be revealed. I was just taking a poke at the bellyachers. If you are catching fish from bait size to monsters, just smile and be happy!
    :smile2:

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    All of my holes are worthless honey holes cause I still havent caught the state or world record catfish.LOL JK

Ps. Go out into the middle of lake marion and tie up to that stump thats where I catch them at. JK