Share my "things"

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by gilmafam, Nov 19, 2006.

1. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Stay in the boat and out of the weather.

Started "modifying" my 11-6 ft boat to make it look legal (12ft min.) on some lake out here in CA. Did so much of this "additions" to my boat..... yes, it still floats, but I had to get boat # 2. Quess what, I had to to the same ole "sheet" to it as well. (We have parted company after 8 long years of fishing and catching together) ..... No room for my new boat.

Anyway here... I decided that I did not like falling out of my boat and wanted to put up some side rails for portection and make it look even bigger. This Bayrunner, (Valco) is a wide body 16ft...god it was great!

so look at the pictures: I raised the sides at the back and the front by utilizing PVC frames at the front, and covered it with canvas. At the back I made up some brackets out of AL box 1x3, welded on some tabs and figured out the angle and came up 14 and placed a rail on it. Nice to sit on or place pole holders on. AT the back, the brackest are on the outside, and as this "thing" wraps around to the side, the two other brackets are attaced inside. Again, PVC pipe for a frame and then canvas stretched over the frame and placed between the brackets...

This was the easy part.... to handle the curvature from mid ship to the front, I had to think a little more..... (fishing helps me do this)...

I solved the problem with 3/4" tees and I bored it out so that the long, upper and lower lengths could be curved (see attached sketch)

So iffin you need more info, or encouragement..
    PM me.

Ps stay in the boat!

bayrunner ray

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pretty cool job, ray...
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    There's a book that tells you where you should go on your vacation. It's called your checkbook.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    really looks great i think you have a future there

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Looks Good Ray Congrats! Now Go out and get that baby all slimmed up. J.D.
    :beat_shot:

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Great idea Ray. Nice picts of your handy work. Wish I had the skill:smile2:

6. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Great job! It looks to me that you will be able to do some serious fishing out of that boat. Did it already have the steering console or did you install that as well?

7. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Need me a little boat something just like that but with a lid on it:wink: