Share a picture of your "go-to" RIG!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by patrickgd, May 28, 2009.

1. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    Here is my current favorite. 3-way swivel, 17lb Mono dropper
    tied above a 6 oz. Bank sinker, 60 lb. Mono tied to a chain bead swivel above 2 snelled 8/0 Matzuo Red Circles.
    Head & Gut pocket.

Attached Files:

• rig2.jpg
      rig2.jpg
      File size:
      19.8 KB
      Views:
  2. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nice rig, but too much hardware for me. I like to keep it simple using a sinker slide rig. I fish where there is a lot of snags and sometime heavy current. If I get snagged, I know it is the hook or the sinker and the sinker is tied with a lighter mono so it will break loose. Good luck

3. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use the old fashion Carolina rig with one hook 90% of the time. Just change the weight depending on the conditions and location. Sometimes I will put a small cigar float about 6" from my hook if there is a lot of garbage on the bottom.

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    8 knots :crazy: carolina rig for me 3 knots takes long enough.

5. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    carolina rig 4 me, i like 4 my bait to b able to swim around freely.the last thing i need is two gars agrivating my bait!!!! lol

6. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    Dave you got a photo of that sinker slide rig?

I like Carolina rigs in a snag-free environment but I'm leary about having my weight on the main line cause if the weight hangs in the rocks your done.

On the rig I posted the pic of I admit it is tedious but the chain bead swivel allows the bait to spin round and round without twisting everything up. For me it's pretty tedious untangling the birds nest everytime I reel in and I figure sitting on my butt tying rigs and watching TV ain't so bad.

7. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Carolina rig for me as well. 2 ft leader with a spin n glo and an 8/0 Gamakatsu octopus hook. I fish current or tides a lot and the spin n glo seems to trigger bites for me.

8. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Patrick I am sorry but not too good with the picture deal yet. But I recommend going to the MEMBER LIBRARY then MEMBER LIBRARY CONTENTS. Then scroll to I believe Page 2 and find RIGS and scroll to PATERNOSTER RIGS and look at the RUNNING PATERNOSTER and RUNNING LEDGER. I hope this helps. Good luck.

9. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    Carolina rig for me. I use the big George crack bag method to keep em separated in the box lol works great

Attached Files:

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I use 3-way swivel rig as well expect I use 1 hook. I catch more fish on that rig than any rig I have try.

11. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I like a short sliding rig if I,m fishing real snaggy areas,when in an area fairly snagfree,I,ll use a longer leader.I use the crescent trolling sinkers with an insert and swivel cast in one end only.They seem to pull through rock and wood very nicely for me.In a lot of current,I switch out to a no-roll sinker.If it,s weedy,I increase my leader lenght to about 24 inches and add a 3/4 inch styrofoam float to the leader line.

12. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I use a carolina rig with a no roll sinker usually 3 oz's. 7/0 or 10/ king khale for most snag free situations.

When I'm fishing in the rip rap or the rocky bottom I use a 3 way sacrifice rig. If you tightline it you will be able to keep your bait up off the bottom and bring your fish in when you get one. This is for heavy duty, know your giong to get snagged situations.

80lb braid mainline to swivel, then the leader of the same line tied to the same eye of the swivel. On the other eye of the swivel I tie 25lb mono to a heavy weight. This weight is expected to get snagged.

P.S. I use all polymer knots and even though there is alot of knots to this rig I have made unfishable spots fishable with it.

Attached Files: