Share a blessing!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Flatheadhunter33, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Hey guys,
    Dont mean to get you all off the subject of fishing but I just wanted to ask if anyone has a blessing or moment in your life that you can recall, where you know that God manifested his greatness to you? Can you share it? I have quite a few that I could talk to you all about but some in particular that I agreed with the Lord that I would share are...

1. When I first met my wife, she was told that she would not be able to have kids due to complications with her body. Nothing against doctors but they are not the final say by a long shot! Through the grace of God, we now have three wonderful children that I love more than anything else in this world! 10, 8 and 2! Is He great or what:big_smile: ?!

2. When I was a kid growing up in Ohio, I used to love the rain (kind of weird for a kid huh?). I just always saw it as God's way of cleansing the world and making some things right. While deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom II, our unit experienced the loss of some of our brothers. For the 1st time in my life that I could remember, I came to realize how possible it was for me to never see my loved ones again.
    More than a few times we took incoming fire from insurgents and I started to miss my family even more...then one day it started raining...now I know it rains in the desert sometimes but that rain just felt like it came right when I was at one of my lowest points over there. I have tried to explain it my wife and other family members but I dont think that they can fully grasp it...

I gotta tell ya brothers and sisters...God is great!!! When these things happened in my life, I didnt share them with as many people as I should have. So I am sharing them here. Hope that yall dont mind.

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Theyres not enough room on this website to write all the things that I have been blessed with.

3. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Anyone that questions Gods existance has yet to see a Child birth imho...
    That is truly a life changing experience.

4. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    The things you mentioned in your post is exactly what makes a personal relationship with God so important. ITS PERSONAL. He takes care of us if we let him. I am truely blessed and I know it. I will share one:

When my oldest son was 6 he was diagnosed as a type 1 diabetic. My heart was broken. He loved candy bars and little debbie cakes and ice cream. I remember him asking me if that meant he could never have sweets. Man I almost broke down. Looking down in his little face and seeing the concern he had was almost more than I could stand. He knew he was going to have to take shots the rest of his life and he was concerned about sweets. Well I gave him the best answer I could and told him it would be ok. Later that day we got calls from family members telling us they were praying for him and had called other church members and they were also praying for him. Now befoe I continue you must understand the doctors didn't make a mistake. My son was in the hospital for three days while the got his sugar under control and he received shots of insulin every day. Once he was released we started following the diet and checking his sugar level every morning and every evening. He even had to have a few shots.

Now me and his mother both are christian people and devoted. Back then I wasn't as devoted. I was a beliver and I did pray. After he was stricken with this awful desiese, I prayed harder that I had ever prayed befoe and more often that ever before. I know my wife was too. After about a month his sugar levels started checking normal? We thought we had some bad test strips and bought new ones. Same result. We took him back to the doctor and they checked him. He was normal. They told us he was still a diabetic and was going through a transition and his diet was taking care of the problem. After 3 month still no signs of sugar. After 6 months he was still normal. His doctor finally said he didn't understand it but the boy didn't have diabieties any more. I asked him if it was possible they missed his diagnosis. He looked me right in the eye and said No Way. He did have type 1 sugar diabieties and now he doesn't.

That was 24 years ago. My son is completely healthy to this day. No one, and I mean no one can tell me he wasn't taken care of by God.

5. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Prayer and belief in god works in many ways.

6. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I thank him everyday for the great family and healthy life he has given me.

I wish people would stop trying to make it political because some are embarrassed to be religious and will stay away.

7. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

gotta agree with Chris here....the Lord has been good to me

8. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    As they say(when you are at your lowest that is when there is only one set of prints in the sand).I had a heart attack in November of 1998,my grand daughter was one month old.They did 4 bypasses on me and was amazed at the shape my heart was in. To this day my doctor tells me I shouldn't have lived.Seven and a half years later,I'm still here.God is real...

9. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    In 1968 some place near Cambodia I stepped on a Russian made land mine. I should be dead. Miracle 1. So many of my brothers are. I got shipped back to the states where a team of surgeons put me back together. Miracle 2. They took skin from my left thigh and put it on my right foot, reconstructed my right foot. Miracle 3. The graft took and 7 major operations later I had a right foot. No little toe and not much of a big toe but I still had my foot. Miracle 4. I would have to wear special shoes the rest of my life and I would never be able to run, do any heavy lifting and a host of can't do. I went out for football in college and made the team. No special treatment, run the 440 in under a minute with full dress gear, windsprints, started as a middle linebacker. No special shoes, all the weight traning I could stand, ran me like a horse. There is not a morning I get dressed I don't thank the Lord. I've never publicly spoken of this to anyone, but you guys over there sure don't get the credit you deserve my brother and neather does the Almighty.
    Don