Shanty Hollow Lake

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bent_pole, Sep 8, 2009.

1. bent_pole

bent_pole New Member

State:
    harrodsburg, kentucky
    I have never been to Shanty Hollow Lake, however my friend and i are planning on a trip to the lake next week. Can anyone tell me if there is a restriction on boat and motor size? Also, if anyone knows the lake and has any advise in fishing for channel cats i would appreciate it.

Thanks

2. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    I do not think there is a boat restriction but there is a motor restriction of 10 HP.

I have fished a few times up there with limited success. I would go to the left from the ramp and into the small coves off main lake. I feel this lake is beginning to come back again. In a couple more years it should be in good shape.

Good luck.

If you don't have much luck there you can hit Green River below the 185 bridge.

3. bent_pole

bent_pole New Member

State:
    harrodsburg, kentucky
    Thanks for the info,I better check out the motor size for sure, I have a 50hp and would hate to drive the distance and not be able to fish. The suggestion about the river gives me something to consider.Summer is coming to a close to fast, I am not ready for winter....lol