Shameful Head Held Low......

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catfish_Commando, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    You all know that I am good for at least one shameful plug.

The month of January is behind us, and February is well underway.

Historically member support for the Star Program slows, “Flathead Catfish In Winter” during this month.

Thats when I have to whip up a fancy, “Who Am I kidding” message.

Surprisingly we are getting lots of support from very new members with less than 10 posts, thats a good thing to see such support from our newest members.

For those that don’t want to support the BOC Star Program, please don’t. Last thing I want is any strong arm pushy salesmanship going on.

For those that were, but get busy and get sidetracked, check out the link below:

http://catfish1.com/starmember/

Thanks,
    Paul

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    im just a po boy from indiana .... can i get an i.o.u??:smile2::smile2:

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    LOL! You rich mug!

I have done seen all your toys! :smile2:

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i will get u hooked up when i get some issues with paypal lined out...:wink:

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    The way I figure, the donation is a small price to pay for all the wisdom and friends I have, and yet to optain:wink: I have been a member for many years and I feel very comortable donating to the BOC.

6. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    Worth the Friendship alone in my BOOK, many nice BROTHERS and SISTERS I'm glad I met here on the BOC, some near, and some far, but all here in 1 place.

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i only wish i could help more the boc has got me thrue some ruff paches in the past 8 monthes i can never repay the boc for all its done for me not only fishing wise but spirituly

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Support the star program!

9. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Question for all those that have not acquired a STAR on the BOC for ten bucks. Where can you buy a book on fishing for just $10 with all the information you can find on the BOC? Answer is no where!

10. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    On Catfish1 it doesn't make a bit of difference if you have a star(s) or not when asking or answering anything. Everyone is treated the same and I like that. Just a bunch of people that have a mutual interest in fishing, sharing ideas, tips, stories, experiences, and it has the atmosphere of sitting around with a bunch of friends.

My main reason for becoming a star member is so Paul can buy a hat. If you have ever seen him without one on - you would understand.

11. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    And even if you could, it would not even come close to the information available here. Seems to be more of a complete set of Catfish encyclopedias available here. It's the Ultimate resource.

12. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    normally I would donate more but times are tough here right now, maybe after I win the next fishoff, I will dig a little deeper. :wink:

13. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    The BOC members has given us many good stories, tips, and fellowship with other people who enjoy the sport of catfishing as much. So what can a small donation do? everything you see here at the BOC. and much more. I have a question for you, when you log on to your browser what is the first site you go too? out side of your e-mail. If you say the BOC that in it self say something, How offten do you come to the BOC in a day's time, me every chance i get, there is always something new to read, if you follow a therad, or just hang out in the chat room you too are part of a bigger picture, if you ever posted someting on a thread or pm a friend just to say hi or had some one ask you to be put on your friends list, You are now part of the family here at the BOC. How does it make you feel when you get a thanks for post or even a rep point form a post? makes me feel great knowing that people are reading and taking what i have to say serrious. How many of you got awards here? kinda of cool eh? This site the BOC is more than a board it is well thought out and family frendly site where your kids and wife can come and see what is going on with our online friends. I have over the years made many friends and some have passed on which i miss. and would have not had the chance to talk to them in the chat room, or read a informative post by them. For giving up a small donation is well worth every penny. So take a second or two and look back then into your self and ask is it worth it? I'm sure of the reply,YES.

14. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    the boc is my home page.....lol.......thanks to the boc i've met all kinds of good people all around and fished alot of different water in the last couple years......wouldn't have been possible without the boc.....not to mention all the knowledge i've soaked up through other catfishers on here.......$10 is the least i can do to assure the boc will still be around tomorrow, next year, and years to come!

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Hopefully if and when I get back to working some i can cough up a bit more.really hate it cause I could only do the 10 this time around.
    I know Paul needs all the help he can get just to keep this very important site going.He don't ask for donations but it's appericated

16. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have made many friends and recieved so much helpful information from this site. You cant buy this kind of first hand knowledge and experience in any book for any price. The info you can recieve from the Brotherhood is " Priceless" I am glad to be able to be a part of the BOC.

Is there a limit on the number of stars a person can recieve? Whats the highest number of stars ever?:wink:

17. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    I'll take 2 of them stars I reckon. No problem supporting anything to do with promoting the sport of catfishing to the next level.

18. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    The friends you make through the BOC are well worth a star or more, even if you don't learn anything new about catfish. Star donations is what keep the Boc one line for us to enjoy.

19. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I just pushed the button to entend my "life" within the BOC.... I have been here since "a while".... and all that the BOC has for the membership, and the visiting public...The Greatest site.....for fishing and general information.... Thanks fellow members....

Gilmafam..."Bayrunner Ray"

20. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Checks in the mail. LOL Seriously, I mailed it today.