shallow blues

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by big cat matt, Mar 19, 2009.

1. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    what should the water temp be in the shallow mud flats before the shad and blues move into em,and bout what time of spring is it on truman

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcom to the BOC Matt. The blues should be moving up anytime now imo. I have never had any luck catching shad this time of year around here.

Tom

3. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    thanks we ve been using shad and caught some nice blues last weekend but they were deeeeep

4. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Everybody has their own opinion. But with these warmer days and the water temps coming up I feel they should be moving up. I would try to fish both shallow and deep at the same time if you can and figure them out. Good luck out there. Someone else might come on here and post completly different than I did. Take all advise and see what works best for you brother.

Tom

5. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've been fishing several times lately and have had good luck shallow. I haven't really tried deep so I can't really help you there. Give it a try in the shallow and keep moving.

6. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    when they do get in to ten foot or less do you drift or anchor up with several poles

7. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have 2 14 foot poles. To use them you will need to be in approx 5 ' or less. If you have a couple of anchors you could get by. I like to use the poles personally. Just try to keep your boat from moving back and forth too much. Hope this helps.