Shaking and Quaking

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by plumbertom1, Jul 29, 2008.

1. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Rocking and rolling in LA today.
    Had a good ride just before noon today.
    I'm a long ways away from the epicenter in Carbon Canyon.
    I called my friend who was just about 10 miles away and she said she was out side and it almost threw her to the ground.
    Anybody else in S. Ca. notice it?

2. woodchucker

woodchucker New Member

State:
    La Quinta,Ca
    Yeah I was shakein pretty good hear in Corona,got me under the desk.Thats the biggest shaker we have had in a while.Ive lived here all my life and still cant get used to em and they still rattle my bones.

3. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Yeah, my friend I called live just off Magnolia and Buchanan. There at the base of the hill.

4. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    I was on the road and I did not feel a thing. I heard some people talking about Chino Hills. When I got to work people were asking me if I was ok, then finally my co worker told me we had an earthquake:crazy:

Jaime

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    my wife got a call from her sister who told her a hilarious story about breast feeding her new baby yaesterday during the quake. use your imaginations boys...

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I was talking to my friend Steve as he was operating a machine and thought that someone was operating a brake or squaring shear for a second or two, and then called out earth quake.... Been through many over the years... I thought it was east of Torrance...

Bayrunner Ray

7. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    I was probably about 5 miles north of the epicenter when it hit but I was driving on the road. I pulled up to a stop light and noticed that the light was shaking, I thought it was the wind but the trees were not blowing, earthquake crossed my mind as an explanation but sitting there in my truck at that red light I couldn't feel it. It made for an interesting day, I arrived at Circuit City about 10 minutes after the quake and a lot of things had been knocked off the shelves, there was a lot of dust on the ground from the ceiling tiles, no major damage or injuries that I heard of though.