Shakesphere Red Caujin Line - Your Opinions?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by H2O Mellon, Oct 27, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm sure this was spoken of on your guys old board, but what is everyones thoughts on this line?

2. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    I use cajun red 12-30 # on all my reels that I use mono on. On the rest I use 30# fireline. It's tough line and I am very pleased with it.

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I use cajun red. This line has performed well for me very strong. :D

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thats all i use on my reels.Its tough line you cant hardly break it,ive never had any trouble out of it.I love it,its good stuff i dont think you will be disapointed.

5. Sponxx

Sponxx New Member

can this line tolerate saltwater ok?

6. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    Yes, the Red Cajun line works just fine in salt water as well as fresh, I have used it in salt water for two winters now with no problems. I will change it out after this winter as I have trimmed the rough ends off some and its time anyway. Schoe

7. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    It's a real strong line,but I'll never use it again. I tried it on one of my spinning reels and it was like a coil spring after just a few trips. It's coming off of my reel before I go fishing again. I'll stick to Trilene and use the spool of C.R. I have for making leaders.

8. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    I have used it on my Penn Level winds and haven't had any problems with line memory as we use a lot of weight fishing off shore. I can see where this may be a problem with spinning reels and casting them. Schoe

9. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Yeah it may just be spinning reels it coils up on. Lots of lines do that on spinning reels.

10. Sponxx

Sponxx New Member

PLOP :crying: .... i got a spinning reel, a daiwa 3500-7i... smooth reel and has the Tiwstbuster system... lets hope it does.
    It looked nice spooled up with the cajun line and i liked the line since it does not have a lot of memory... i hope it lasts nice and good on my reel.

11. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Yeah it sure looks nice on my red 7 foot Abu rod with that candy apple red Abu reel.:) I just didn't like the way it twisted up so fast. I may try it on a different reel,like my Daiwa Accu-set GS1655T and see how that works. I hope you have good luck with it on your spinning reel.

12. river_rat_42

river_rat_42 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I use Caujin Red Line 17lb. test on my spinning reel and its done really well for me so far. Im getting a new set-up soon and Im prolly gonna go with the 20lb. Fireline on it, I've heard that line is really nice too.

13. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    How does the line compare to other lines, like trilene, stren and others? The reason I ask is the cajun line is not expensive at all, and that usualy means it is of fair quality, hopefully knot. But I was at walmart comparing prices and the cajun was lower than others. How well does the line cast??

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont understand something..Bryan has mentioned this before..They say the red cajin line vanishes in water, however the red bleeding bait hooks attract fish to them because they are red?

15. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    lol ive been wondering that as well,i thought i was the only one.
    i do like the cajun red line i have it on all of my "bait" poles and on one of the spinning rods i have for cats.

16. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Yeah I've heard that also,but I don't think color has anything to do with catching catfish. I think color is just for marketing the same hooks or lines so you will buy more.

17. Vacatfisher

Vacatfisher New Member

the red hooksoutperform regular hooks in some situations such as clear water fishing and spadefishing...not mudwater fishing for cats...the line...i hate..it casts horribly on spinning and conventional gear and dry rots in no time in salt water...where i do most of my fishing...to compare it to stren and trilene...it better than neither IMO but...i stick with sufix tritanium...its stronger...more abrasion resistant an casts further than all thre of the lines above

18. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They make line that is specially for spinning reels then line that is designed for cating reels. I forgot which is which, I am sure someone will chime in.

19. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have used 20# Cajun Red line for quite some time now on Bait Casters and have had no problem with it other than getting it un-snagged, LOL!!! This stuff has proven itself to me, to be very abrasion resistant, low memory, and tuff as nails. I have broken 50# leaders with it. The only drawback I have noticed to this line is, it is very hard to see at night

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, that's exactly how I would describe it....... :)