Shakespere Fishing Line ?

Discussion in 'MISSISSIPPI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by MRR, Sep 23, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Has any one tried the Shakesspere OMNIFLEX Mono Fishing line. I saw some 50# test at WallyWorld and just wondering if it is any good. Thinking about putting it on a Penn 209 .What do you all think good idea or not?Any input will be appericated.Thanks

2. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I have tried it , seems strong enough, but you have to watch your knots .

3. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    You will probably find that it coils really bad and is extra thick. Don't think Shakespeare promotes this line any longer. It may of been replaced by Outcast. Generally cheap and mill ends. The line will have weak spots as any mill end line. Would be ok for bullheads and eater size channel if you could put up with the coiling and since it is thicker you won't get the casting distance from it. I deal with the company and find that most of their products are just fine for 98% of us fishermen but they do have some realy bad stuff. I think that line was one of them. You might want to save your self some aggrevation and get some other line.

4. maverick43812

maverick43812 New Member

State:
    ohio
    that is the only line i use. i run 30# on my shakespear open face reels. yes it is thick but i have never had a problem with weak spots in it and i have used the 30,20,15,12 # line

5. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I haven't try that one but have used the cajun line all this season and it has been great. i have al my reels with #30 and have only had one break all season did have 3 hooks break before the line did. buy one and give it a try you just may like it.

6. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    I have to agree with you. The cajun line is probably one of the best.

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I have had nuthin' but problems with this line so I switched to Trilene "red box". Perfect casts every time JMO! Happy fishing!

8. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    i have just a few words for you

WORST LINE EVER!!!!