ShakespeareTiger Spinning Combo for cats

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by flathead_ky, Feb 28, 2006.

1. flathead_ky

flathead_ky New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I was in WalMart the other day picking up some Berkley Big Game line to put on my Spinning combos and saw a Spinning combo by Shakespeare > I think it was called Tiger or something. It looked to be a good size for cats if paired with the right line. Has anyone used one of these combos? It was at a cheap price also..like $30 or something.

2. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    They have them here in our local wallyworld for just under $20. Not too bad for a starter rod and reel. I bought one for my stepson last summer and it handled itself pretty good. Replace the line that comes on it. Good lb. line, but poor quality. Overall though a decent rod and reel combo for the price.

3. SwiftWater

SwiftWater New Member

State:
    Central Virginia
    I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". with that being said, Shakespeare makes a quality rod and truth be known all my bass, striper and catting rods are Shakespeare. As far as reel quality goes, I think they are lacking the goods. I'm not saying don't buy it, but there are better options out there. I've been eying the new Penn Captiva/Gold Cup Inshore combo from Bass Pro for $80. I use baitcasters for catfishing, but may add this combo into rotation this spring.